Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Opinions on 18-19' fish and ski - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 11-02-2021, 07:51 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleJunky View Post
I've always ruled out a fishing pontoon because of the wind here; but love the thought of a do it all pontoon like yours.

Do you just deal with the wind?

Rick

Well, my lineage of big water boats goes 18' Sylvan, 18.5' Lund Tyee, 20.5' Lund Baron and now the 22' Tritoon. So i guess I've always had high sided boats and dealt with the wind. I don't think it was ever much of a problem but maybe it's just because I have always had a high sided boat and that's what I'm used to.

I do troll lake Michigan often for Salmon and have been to Mille lacs in plenty of wind, and I honestly don't find it that big of an inconvenience. Maybe if i was coming from a Ranger or similar glass boat I'd notice it alot more as I'm sure they handle much different but I don't have that background. I can say I've been in some pretty rough stuff already- 35 mph on Lake Michigan and 4 footers on Mille lacs( only boat out that day) and that Tritoon handled it all. It also is the most stable and best platform I've fished from ,it really has surpassed my expectations.

Never ever thought I'd be a toon fan, had my heart set on a deep v glass boat, Warrior or Skeeter. But the more and more I looked at the Angler Qwest, it just checked all the boxes.
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon and Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Traxstech 72" tracks, Berts 24" tracks on each gunnel
2 Big Jon Capt packs riggers
Lowrance autopilot
MK 15' Talon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2021, 05:01 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofishy4u View Post
Right now have a princecraft deckboat and a lund impact. Last 2 years have only used the deckboat on family vacations of a week each and twice a year.....so used for 4 weeks in two years. The impact gets used all the time but not super family friendly....side counsel. I have kids that are 9 and 6 years old. I'd like to go down to 1 boat. That being said the family loves the deckboat seats and it is very nice for tubing and cruising....but we just don't use it enough. I keep looking at impact xs, superhawks, alumacraft lines, g3 and so on. Any one else been here? Both boats now are paid for. I just hate seeing the deckboat sit 50 weeks out of the year and the poor lund never gets to go on family vacations....he misses out on some very good fishing. I need input from actual owners of fish and ski models. For me Center rod storage is a must, the more and longer the better. Wife wants "comfy" seats. HELP!
Right now I have a Princecraft Xpedition 180 and I really like it. It seems to have all the caracteristics you are looking for. I had an Xpedition 200 before, same boat just with a little more room.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:12 PM
Keeper

Default impact 1875 xs

Well we weren't planning on it but we found a new Lund Impact xs 1875 for a descent price. We found the layout to be the best suited for us with the rear jump seats, removable bow cushons, ski pole and hidden ladder. Plenty of rod storage in the side and center. I put money down on it untill we pick it up in spring! Now to sell the 2 other boats. BY far the biggest rear area of the 3 main contenders being 185 fsx, 1850 fishawk and the 1875. Lund has done a great job designing this boat.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:19 PM
Wallhanger

Congratulations, sounds like you found what you were looking for. And now the wait.......lol

Good look with selling your current boats, with the market the way it is you should have no problem.
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
2 Big Jon Capt packs riggers
Lowrance autopilot
MK 15' Talon
Old 11-20-2021, 06:38 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Well we weren't planning on it but we found a new Lund Impact xs 1875 for a descent price. We found the layout to be the best suited for us with the rear jump seats, removable bow cushons, ski pole and hidden ladder. Plenty of rod storage in the side and center. I put money down on it untill we pick it up in spring! Now to sell the 2 other boats. BY far the biggest rear area of the 3 main contenders being 185 fsx, 1850 fishawk and the 1875. Lund has done a great job designing this boat.
Congrats, they’re great boats.
Old 11-20-2021, 07:45 PM
Keeper

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2021, 06:17 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrain View Post
Congratulations, sounds like you found what you were looking for. And now the wait.......lol

Good look with selling your current boats, with the market the way it is you should have no problem.

Got lucky and dealer had one in stock and is honest enough to keep the pricing the same as it was when they ordered it last spring.....about a 9k savings!!!! Local dealer wouldn't do that. This boat had more options and was believe it or not 10k with the llocal dealer fees!!! I have a down payment on it as they are keeping it for me until spring. By that time I hope both boats are sold!

Last edited by twofishy4u; 11-21-2021 at 06:25 AM.
Old 11-21-2021, 06:46 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Got lucky and dealer had one in stock and is honest enough to keep the pricing the same as it was when they ordered it last spring.....about a 9k savings!!!! Local dealer wouldn't do that. This boat had more options and was believe it or not 10k with the llocal dealer fees!!! I have a down payment on it as they are keeping it for me until spring. By that time I hope both boats are sold!

It's always great to find an honest dealer, I drive two hours to mine. The drive does suck but they bend over backwards for me- Ive had terrible luck with my trailer company and there are some warranty issues with new boat and these guys -L&R marine,Shipshewana In.-always have my back. Glad you found a good dealer and for such a nice deal, be sure to make a post with pics when you bring her home.
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs