Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fisherman lies - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 02-02-2019, 06:24 AM
Wallhanger

Default Fisherman lies

Just curious. I have a good friend, and when we fish together, we catch fish, normal, fish. When he fishes on his own, alone in his boat, he always comes back with the whopper tales of fish that he caught. But he claims he is catch and release, no fish to show for it. I ask about pics and funny thing, his phone/camera is always broken or something. I like the guy, but sometimes I feel like telling him with out a pic to back it up, shut up. Anybody else know guys like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2019, 06:32 AM
Wallhanger

Default missed fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffishman View Post
Just curious. I have a good friend, and when we fish together, we catch fish, normal, fish. When he fishes on his own, alone in his boat, he always comes back with the whopper tales of fish that he caught. But he claims he is catch and release, no fish to show for it. I ask about pics and funny thing, his phone/camera is always broken or something. I like the guy, but sometimes I feel like telling him with out a pic to back it up, shut up. Anybody else know guys like this.
My fishing partner always "misses" big fish. "Oh, that felt like a good one!" "I'll bet that one would have been the biggest of the day." "Gee, nice hit but I missed him."

He'll lament the one he missed until he misses another. Between "misses" he catches as many "normal" fish as the rest of us.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:57 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffishman View Post
Wait? What? You fish with Bobby Winds?

PjShorthorn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2019, 07:26 AM
Wallhanger

YES, everyone has that guy who always embellishes on their catch.....my friend Teddy would tell guys at the dock we caught many more fish then we actually had.....WHY.......I don't know. If Teddy told me what time it was I would look at my watch because you know he's lying if his mouth was moving.....

But anyways....... When I was a kid my best friend lived across the street and his father better know as JP had this saying and I still use it today.....

"All fishermen are liars, except YOU and ME and I have my doubts about YOU" . . . no more honest words have ever been spoken.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 02-02-2019, 07:28 AM
Charter Member

All fishermen are liars, except you and me, and I'm not sure about you.

Don't start the story if you don't have the picture.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:58 AM
Wallhanger

Lol, seems we all know "that guy" We actually have a family trophy for biggest( longest) legal sport fish ( no sheapshead,bowfin,carp etc.) on vacation, must include pic with tape measure clearly visible or its just a story.
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon and Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Traxstech 72" tracks, Berts 24" tracks on each gunnel
2 Big Jon Capt packs riggers
Lowrance autopilot
MK 15' Talon
Old 02-02-2019, 07:58 AM
the end

Default the end

In the end, does it really matter? What is it really hurting?
Old 02-02-2019, 08:15 AM
Wallhanger

A buddy of mine, gave me a suggestion. Remember the old saying, "the first liar does not have a chance". That will be my mantra. When he is done with his story, I will tell him mine, hehe.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:16 AM
Wallhanger

Get complete satisfaction by fishing alone, catching big fish and releasing them at the side of the boat. No need to tell anybody about your catch. A polarized lens on your camera will give you a great video as they swim away, slowly. Continue the movie even when you no longer see the fish, as your camera might still be in contact.

Works better with a strap on camera so it can be held around your neck while shooting. Sounds of your breathing will be magnified with camera close to your mouth. Sent video to my doctor and he called me for in for an exam to check my lungs.

A big fish that hasn't left the water is in no hurry to escape.

I tell a few people what I caught, but on the same day will tell others I didn't do any good. I avoid listening to crap from doubters.

When documenting a good catch for your own use, I suggest getting a photo of the location, photo of sonar screen and GPS screen. Early or late in the day maybe add a photo to the east and another to the west. Relive the experience at your computer when days are short.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:11 AM
Wallhanger

I had a friend thats dead now that I worked for part time driving a truck. I went salmon fishing with him in Michigan. we caught some nice fish. he caught a nice 20 to 25# fish. he started telling people about the 30# salmon he caught. a few days later I heard him tell a guy about the 35# salmon he caught. about 2 weeks went by and we was in the shop when he started telling some guy about this 50# salmon he caught. then he looked at me and said ain't that right sherman. I didnt answer yes or no, I just walked away. it wasnt hurting anybody for him to make his self feel bigger. but I wanted no part of his fish. a 50# salmon was worth 50,000.00 in Michigan at the time. but I didnt say a word to him about that. but I did tell him not to use me to say how big his fish was.

I have an older brother that always knew everything and his stories was always bigger and better. as long as he didnt hurt anybody most times I didnt say anything. now that he's older he doesn't do that anymore. he does watch a lot of tv now and when he tells me something I know he learned about it on tv.