Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Humminbird ChartSelect LiveShare Map Sharing - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 04-27-2019, 10:31 AM
Minnow

Default Humminbird ChartSelect LiveShare Map Sharing

Hello Walleye Central Community,

I am wondering if the Humminbird users are aware of the map sharing site that Humminbird has launched? It has been up for some time but I am not seeing a lot of activity on it. I recently updated the software on the Helix and brought the memory card in so I could post my map data.

I was originally hesitant to post the data but then realized that I have been some places where my data would help a fellow boater possibly avoid hazards and find safe travel corridors, specifically Lac Seul Ontario. I am heading back up in June and am looking for fellow fisherman that are willing to share the mapping data they may have acquired on their trips. The map share is free to use.

The sharing does not include waypoints but will show the map data of everywhere you recorded data. So you will be able to tell what resort was used, the paths traveled, and any structure that was mapped out. You are also able to edit what files you want to share and those that you don’t. After thinking about it for awhile I came to the conclusion that it was better to share and hopefully prevent a potential catastrophe. At the time I posted my data only one other fisherman had shared data for the Seul.

So, if you have been to Lac Seul and have mapping data that you would be willing share please take a look at the site. You can view the data I already posted without creating a login. Go to https://chartselect.humminbird.com . Select the AutoChart LiveShare in the middle of the page and then navigate to Lac Seul. The default on the map is meters so click in map settings and change it to feet.

Thanks for reading the post and hopefully we can begin to build a better map of Lac Seul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2019, 12:40 PM
Wallhanger

LiveShare isn’t very popular and I can guess why, people tend to map their favorite areas and don’t want to alert the general public. Of course, once a few people put their maps up there’s enough water covered that the hot spots are lost in the jungle. Mine are of likely looking areas, most of those areas turned out to be mediocre or worse and a few are hotspots. I’m sure most other’s maps are the same, a few good spots and a bunch of blah.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:35 PM
Minnow

I was hesitant to put my data out there as well but most of Wisconsin is already mapped and I am just adding a little more detail to it.
It would, however be most helpful for navigation on bodies of water where no mapping exisits. Lots of reefs to hit on Lac Seul. As you stated the more people that post the more the actual spots get lost in the map. I will upload again when I get from the Seul in June and try to encourage others to so so as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Keeper

I just bought an AutoChart Live Card. I didn't know there was a "Share" feature. I fish Lake of Egypt in Marion, Illinois once a year in the Autumn. There is no map of that body of water. Went on the "Share" feature and saw some people have put data up for that body of water. I'll be next.
Jim
Old 05-01-2019, 03:46 PM
Wallhanger

Good example of mapping that doesn't give away any secrets. Ooooh, where the land sticks out there are under water points, too. There is a hump that might mean something but it's all pretty generic and not really detailed. Much of it looks like someone was just trying out Live while they were working the shoreline structure. Or looking for structure and mapping as they went. No matter what, that map won't lead anyone to a honey hole without the same amount of work having a 5' contour map would require.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:58 AM
Minnow

I just returned from Lac Seul and uploaded additional mapping data to the AutoChart LiveShare site. Stayed at the same resort so a lot of repeat data coming and going from Scout Lake. A few more humps got mapped and some new areas. Feel free to take a look and share your data at https://chartselect.humminbird.com/liveshare. Safe fishing everyone.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:44 AM
Minnow

I am heading up to Lac Suel for the first time the second week of July and the maps uploaded here will be tremendously helpful.

I'll be sure to return the favor and upload my recording after we get back home.

I'll give some serious thought to doing the same with my LotW and MN lake recordings. As mentioned earlier, once you get enough data recorded it stops highlighting the "spots" and when we're fall trolling for muskies on LotW we cover (and record) 30-40 miles of shoreline every day...
Old 06-29-2019, 06:42 AM
Minnow

Hey Woogie I sent you a pm, thx!
Old 07-07-2019, 08:16 AM
Minnow

Just finished downloading various auto chart live share data from Lac Seul to my Helix unit. I found the process somewhat complicated. I use a Mac computer. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on this process. Thx
Old 07-07-2019, 10:12 AM
Wallhanger

I had similar issues with a Mac, solved it by taking my sd card reader to work and using the pc there. Means I can’t do it on the weekend but it works. It was either that or buy a cheap pc that’s overloaded with bloat ware and no good for much else.

Another option is if a friend has a pc and you can use theirs. Macs and ’Birds don’t play well together. There are programs you can get that make them more compatible. Most need a yearly subscription and I’m too cheap for that.

Tags
chart , chartselect , humminbird , liveshare , mapping