Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Get Into Canada Shot - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 03-21-2021, 06:49 AM
Wallhanger

Default Get Into Canada Shot

Got my first “ Get into Canada “ shot yesterday after only 4 days of becoming eligible to get one. Monday was the first day of eligibility for myself and my wife. I secured appointments the next day and by yesterday, we had received our first shot.

The site was at a small church and it was extremely efficient. I was in and out in less than 25 minutes. The volunteers coordinating the process there felt they would have 1000 visitors that day. That was impressive to find out and it was obvious they knew what they were doing.

It is nice to know that I’ll now have a better chance of getting back to Canada......hopefully by this fall.....fingers and toes crossed. The wife said she hopes mine had an additive to reduce my “ weirdness”....whatever that means .

I hope everyone else’s experience is/ was similar to mine.

PjShorthorn :rock-on:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2021, 06:56 AM
Wallhanger

And i had my get into USA shot last Saturday, i too am hoping to cross the border and fish with my good friends. ..but not Steve Schaefer

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Old 03-21-2021, 06:57 AM
Wallhanger

I got my second shot a couple weeks ago. I had zero side effects. Went ice fishing the day after the each shot. You might say that the vaccine gave me an overwhelming desire to catch a fish. I'm not sure if the vacs will be used as a criteria to enter Canada, but it won't hurt my chances.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2021, 07:07 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Baseline;6541228]I got my second shot a couple weeks ago. I had zero side effects. Went ice fishing the day after the each shot. You might say that the vaccine gave me an overwhelming desire to catch a fish. I'm not sure if the vacs will be used as a criteria to enter Canada, but it won't hurt my chances.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know if it will help get into Canada either, but it sure can’t hurt our chances :rockit:

Old 03-21-2021, 07:14 AM
Wallhanger

Don't lose your shot record. I took pictures of mine on my phone as portable proof so I can put the actual card in a safe place.
Lowrance Gen2 Touch 9 with network to the trolling motor
Old 03-21-2021, 07:23 AM
Charter Member

Yeah, I made several copies of mine.

Bill
Old 03-21-2021, 07:35 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Bugler;6541238]Don't lose your shot record. I took pictures of mine on my phone as portable proof so I can put the actual card in a safe place.[/QUOTE]

I make 3 laminated copies of every fishing license I buy. Just in case I get ate up with the dumb a$$ and lose one or two :laugh:

I’ll probably make about 10 laminated copies of the card as well and put it on the cloud for future reference if I get ate up with the dumb a$$ x10.......which is quite possible. :antlers:

Old 03-21-2021, 07:45 AM
Wallhanger

Congrats to those of you who were able to get yours. I'm the only one in my family who hasn't yet gotten their shot. I qualified last Wednesday but haven't yet been able to secure an appointment. Hopefully this coming week. My wife got her second shot on Friday. She felt like crap all day yesterday and was running a fever of 102.4 last night. My son had a similar experience with his second shot. One got the Pfizer and the other got Moderna with similar responses.

BTW, I don't consider the side effects as a negative. I interpret it as their immune systems have responded appropriately.

Last edited by Mojo-NC; 03-21-2021 at 07:47 AM.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:59 AM
Wallhanger

I got mine 4 weeks ago along with 400 other District School Employees at no charge. 1st shot was a bit of a shat show taking 40 minutes door to door. The second was much better at taking less than 5 minutes.

Pfizer shot for me.

No real side effects with either other than the shot site being very sore. One might even say it hurt for a couple days. (Keep in mind I've been told by my wife I'm a bit of a wuss)

Kind of a strange feeling standing in line waiting to receive your governmental shot.

Last edited by johnboat; 03-21-2021 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-21-2021, 08:09 AM
Wallhanger

I took a picture of my shot card and put the original with my passport.