Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Signs You May Have A Fishing Problem - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 12-11-2021, 11:14 AM
Keeper

Love the responses
I also had my Dad and my Grandpa start me on the walk around the store piece. In Canada it was either Canadian Tire or a store called LeBarons.
The biggest treat was when we could pick out a Rapala or a Mepps

Love fish online and use it a ton for issue number 1

And I also get made fun of by my wife for the amount of time we spend talking about our trips and “planning”

Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2021, 11:20 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketripper View Post
I'm probably offering info that's already known but Ontario MNRF has a viewer called Fish ON - Line that offers good info to help with Warning sign #1.
thanks, i'll check that out..
Old 12-11-2021, 11:29 AM
Wallhanger

Default Def Have a problem

Tripus Interruptus! - Another problem which is especially acute right now is booking trips a year or two in advance and finding yourself during COVID with 6 deposits out for 2022 and to make it worse the trip you really want to take isn't even one of the 6.

Lure Multiplus - Another 'problem' is when you kill the fish on a particular lure and lose it during the trip. Then you decide the answer is to buy 3-4 of those for next year and want to 'try' 5 other colors in the same family. One lost lure becomes a purchase of 20 lures!

Yeah...I have all of the ones mentioned in the article too!

Here's hoping we can travel in summer 2022 so we can clear some of these trips and push a few to 2023.

B-
Old 12-12-2021, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

Default "Stuff".......

It seems to be a seasonal disorder based on long dark cold days accompanied by an over whelming desire to make new "stuff" based on previous fishing experiences still fresh or even stale in memory.

Like the rest of you afflicted, I'm not searching for a cure. My wife may be, but I'm not.

Once winter locks me into either pushing snow or making "stuff"... "stuff" usually wins.

I have too much "stuff", I make too much "stuff" and I seldom get rid of my "stuff". I make "stuff", gift "stuff", remake "stuff", repaint "stuff", etc..

Accompanying this affliction is the innate urge to pour lead "stuff", which then requires painting that same "stuff". Then finding a place for storing that "stuff". That leads to buying more storage "stuff".

Crank baits? Large tubs of that "stuff" that will never get wet and occasionally the same new "stuff" follows me home.

Someday there is gonna be a lot of "stuff" on garage sales when all of us are fishing the big pond just barely over the horizon for many of us "stuff" collectors.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 12-12-2021, 02:56 PM
Wallhanger

Default There is more

I certainly can relate to some of the afflictions mentioned. One sure sign of both aging and becoming predictable is that for every gifting occasion I seem to get mostly fishing shirts and Cableas/Bass Pro gift cards, which contributes greatly to the accumulation of odd, seldom used and gawdy fishing lures and gimmicks. And Christmas is only two weeks away!

Fish On!

Hooks
Old 12-18-2021, 06:22 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHooksHimself View Post
I certainly can relate to some of the afflictions mentioned. One sure sign of both aging and becoming predictable is that for every gifting occasion I seem to get mostly fishing shirts and Cableas/Bass Pro gift cards, which contributes greatly to the accumulation of odd, seldom used and gawdy fishing lures and gimmicks. And Christmas is only two weeks away!

Fish On!

Hooks
With deer hunting over now and putting all that gear away its time to look for my ice fishing gear.Some of the lures I use in the winter iam sure I left in my boat which is all tarped up and covered in snow.Not going to untie and go looking in there.Wife had a hair appt on Dryden yesterday so i had a hour and a half to kill in town.No Cabelas here so went over to the next best place.Clarks bait and tackle and did a little shopping.Found a great selection of vibratos and grabbed a couple of bondy wabblers.Will be ice fishing shortly as Clarks have there shacks on the ice at KCs Landing on Edward Lake.Anyone looking for some great ice fishing and accomadations this is the place you want to try out.Easy fishing.Cabins are 100 yds from ice shacks.Ill be headed over there in the next few days for some fresh walleye.First ice fishing is always good.For any of you guys that need a bit more of a adventure and like to ride your sleds there is the awesome 40 mi ride into Anishinabi Lake Lodge which the boys had to open up with all trees down down after our snow storm.Looking forward to the next few months.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211214_113741_1639832529638.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	533.7 KB
ID:	330850   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211217_095134_1639833000020.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	484.1 KB
ID:	330852  
Old 12-18-2021, 07:06 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHooksHimself View Post

Fish On!

Hooks
With deer hunting over now and putting all that gear away its time to look for my ice fishing gear.Some of the lures I use in the winter iam sure I left in my boat which is all tarped up and covered in snow.Not going to untie and go looking in there.Wife had a hair appt on Dryden yesterday so i had a hour and a half to kill in town.No Cabelas here so went over to the next best place.Clarks bait and tackle and did a little shopping.Found a great selection of vibratos and grabbed a couple of bondy wabblers.Will be ice fishing shortly as Clarks have there shacks on the ice at KCs Landing on Edward Lake.Anyone looking for some great ice fishing and accomadations this is the place you want to try out.Easy fishing.Cabins are 100 yds from ice shacks.Ill be headed over there in the next few days for some fresh walleye.First ice fishing is always good.For any of you guys that need a bit more of a adventure and like to ride your sleds there is the awesome 40 mi ride into Anishinabi Lake Lodge which the boys had to open up with all trees down down after our snow storm.Looking forward to the next few months.
Here is what some of the trail looked like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_PART_1639581012277(2)_1639836317512.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	330854