Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
1st Annual Gander Mnt. "Take a KID fishing" - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2005, 06:51 AM
Wallhanger

Default 1st Annual Gander Mnt. "Take a KID fishing"

It's official! Stop in and pick up your registraion at customer service in Gander Mountain at Mankato. The event will be Saturday May 7th 2005 at Bray Park on Madison Lake. It is open to kids ages 8-15. There is a catch however! At Gander Mountain we have a saying "We Live Outdoors" so in order to sign up you must write an essay stating why you "Live Outdoors". Basically you have to tell us is what you like to do outdoors, or what you would like to do outdoors. The top 150 essays will be selected to attend the event. There is more info at customer service in Mankato Mn.

Sponsors for the event are:

Walleye Central
Apple Bee's - Mankato
Hy-Vee - Mankato
Berkley
Lindy
Northland
Fishingmn.com
Locher Bros. Green Isle-North Mankato
Itchin to Stitch - Arlington
Several others are pending, they will be listed once all is set!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2005, 07:57 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: 1st Annual Gander Mnt.

Way to go Chris! Good Luck with this and have fun...wish I could be there. Jim Carroll NPAA #333
Old 03-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Nancy Carlson

I picked up forms for my kids and the neighbors kids today. Only if they would be this excited about doing there home work! They are keeping there fingers crossed! Hope this goes well! You guys are doing a wonderful thing! You have wonderful sponsors!
Nancy Carlson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Charter Member

A super program and opportunity for our youth. It is great to see Gander Mountain knows the future of fishing in the hearts and minds of our youth today.

I would also like to mention that Gander Mountain is participation in the CAST AWAY FOR KIDS Rod & Reel Donation Program. The program starts on the 20th of March and runs through April 17th.

The basics of the CAFK program is if you turn in a used rod & reel you receive $10 off any new purchase of a rod and reel combo of a $60 or more value. The rod and reel combo’s donated will then be looked over and made ready for eager young anglers. In my view a very worthy cause and program.

Get a deal on a new combo and help a kid get a new rod & reel combo to fish with, not a bad day all around Eh!

My hats off to all the the good folks at Gander Mountain for their participation in such worthy program.

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson
"ED on the RED"
><,sUMo,>
Old 03-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Keeper

Sounds to me like something that could be "CATCHING ON". I hope it does. Great effort for a great cause!
Old 03-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Juls_OH

Congratulations Chris! Your hard work has paid off. The winners are all the kids who will get to attend, and all the adults who will also have the chance to make a difference in a childs life!

Kudos to you and Gander Mountain Chris!

Best wishes for a successful event...;-)

Juls
Old 03-21-2005, 06:29 AM
Wallhanger

Thanks, but this wouldn't have been nearly as big of event if it weren't for all the sponsors and the people who are and have graciously donated there time and efforts to make this possible! I just hope all the kids have a ball! So far 50 or so kids have gotten an entry form. I have to wait to have flyers printed till I hear back from a few people! But once they are hung up in Mankato and surrounding areas I'm sure there will be LOTS of reading to do!!!
Old 03-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Bob in mankato

Chris, I enjoyed my chat with you on Sunday. I think you have the right idea about kids and fishing. I hope everything goes well for you guys and look forward to doing business with you in the future! My wife is however upset that you sold me those nice trolling rods and sea line reels!

Bob
Old 03-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Bob in mankato

Chris, I enjoyed my chat with you on Sunday. I think you have the right idea about kids and fishing. I hope everything goes well for you guys and look forward to doing business with you in the future! My wife is however upset that you sold me those nice trolling rods and sea line reels!

Bob
Old 03-21-2005, 07:10 PM
ttt

Way to go!!