Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Illinois toll roads - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-23-2016, 07:32 PM
Wallhanger

Angry Illinois toll roads

OK what's the scam?

I had to travel to Chicago this past week for work. First time in area, what's the deal with all the tolls? Unfortunately I followed my GPS that had me take an exit and than immediately make a u turn and return to interstate. I didn't have enough change for exit toll. I have called and been on website to pay my dues but website is down and no return phone call. What the heck is the deal paying $1.90 to $3.60 every 20 miles or so and 90 cents to exit or enter on ramps? I was on I - 88. What am I looking at if I don't get it paid and what the heck does Illinios do with all the money.
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2016, 09:13 PM
Wallhanger

They send all their money to the Clinton machine! I'm probably right lol
Old 09-23-2016, 09:27 PM
Wallhanger

Hope you enjoyed your visit to the state with the highest real estate taxes in the country and with the worst finances. 69 years in the state and still can't figure out where the tolls go. Best bet is Madagan and the Chicago Democrat party who have a strangle hold on the state.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2016, 11:56 PM
Keeper

I have to live here, be happy you were only visiting.

Pay the toll within 7 days the late fines are RIDICULOUS. Culd be over $100 with late fee. Get it paid.

Who knows what they use the money for.

Mama Norts
Old 09-24-2016, 04:59 AM
Wallhanger

If you travel to IL very much, the best bet is to get the EZEE Pass transponder for open road tolling. Your credit card will be on file and you will have an account with a password. Keep your vehicles plates registered and up to date, and it is pretty trouble free. Still costs money, but eliminates the hassle. It will be good for other states also.
Have a great day.
JIM
Old 09-24-2016, 06:19 AM
Wallhanger

I have traveled some of those roads, and I'll tell you what they are NOT using the money for......the roads ! ! !
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 09-24-2016, 06:44 AM
fact check

Yes, if you go through IL even infrequently, once or twice a year, an I-PASS makes it much more convenient. Wi has no toll roads but there is a huge push right now to privatize and go that route. The governor has been manufacturing a road funding crisis just this week to make it happen.

http://www.wpr.org/walker-roads-plan...major-projects

There is no rift with the governor, senate, and state legislators, they are playing good cop bad cop, and the solution for this funding fiasco will be toll roads and privatization. Just wanted to take the surprised look off the face of anyone watching it unfold.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:47 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fact check View Post
Yes, if you go through IL even infrequently, once or twice a year, an I-PASS makes it much more convenient. Wi has no toll roads but there is a huge push right now to privatize and go that route. The governor has been manufacturing a road funding crisis just this week to make it happen.

http://www.wpr.org/walker-roads-plan...major-projects

There is no rift with the governor, senate, and state legislators, they are playing good cop bad cop, and the solution for this funding fiasco will be toll roads and privatization. Just wanted to take the surprised look off the face of anyone watching it unfold.
DON'T, I repeat DON'T let your government privatize your roads......Just look at Ontario's 407ETR road and see how much it is to use it.......UNBELIEVABLE expensive.......almost $1 per mile ...
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 09-24-2016, 07:25 AM
fact check

Wisconsin is for sale. For a fairly small check, made out anonymously to a 501 (c) (4) organization, you can get most any legislation you desire passed in WI. There is no stopping what they are doing as gerrymandering makes it impossible to even get them out of office. Just ask the lead paint guys, the mining companies, or John Menard, to name but a few, that have surfaced because of a leak in the WI toilet.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fact check View Post
Wisconsin is for sale. For a fairly small check, made out anonymously to a 501 (c) (4) organization, you can get most any legislation you desire passed in WI. There is no stopping what they are doing as gerrymandering makes it impossible to even get them out of office. Just ask the lead paint guys, the mining companies, or John Menard, to name but a few, that have surfaced because of a leak in the WI toilet.
Our country costs more though, everywhere H Clinton went in the world she was taking millions in every day selling our country. I guess Clinton did this on a very much larger scale. I think she used a 1/2 day policy. She did the counties dealing for half the day, and the last half and night time parties she was selling the country and taking millions in for herself and Bill. We can't forget all the underlings she was paying off.....they had to look the other way to all this corruption. But if you did not play her game you were snuffed out in one form or another. Talk to the wiki leaks high up democrat informant who leaked HER email to wiki leaks. Oh, you can't because he was taken out for leaking her emails. Add another one to the list..... Whos next? But that is just ANOTHER coincidental death following the Queen of Corruption.

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/inde...seth_rich.html

Last edited by Apple Guy; 09-24-2016 at 08:01 AM.