Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Scheels Rod Guarantee! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 06-26-2017, 12:58 PM
Slot Fish

Default Scheels Rod Guarantee!

A few years ago I won a 6'2" Medium Extra Fast Scheels Walleye Series rod as a door prize from my fishing league. To say that I've loved this rod is an understatement. The sensitivity is superb. I like that it has a touch more spine than other MEF jigging rods I've fished with. My hookup percentage went up noticeably after obtaining this rod.

So imagine my disappointment when after 4 seasons of heavy use, and hundreds of walleyes - not to mention northerns, bass and other fish - the largest eyelet closest to the reel snapped off on a hookset, leaving the eyelet dangling. I thought about repairing it. I also thought about using it as an excuse to "move up" to a Loomis or a St. Croix Legend - something high-end.

But in doing my research re; replacement/repair options, I came across a thread somewhere talking about Scheels lifetime warrantee on their Scheels brand rods. So I called and asked the manager of the St. Cloud MN store; told him what the damage was and how it happened; asked him if it would be covered. He said bring it on up (I live in the Twin Cities).

Drove up there this afternoon, and within 5 minutes, I had a brand new identical rod (this year's version of it) in my hands, and I was out the door.

Guys, this is the kind of customer service that will make me a loyal consumer. Scheels is frankly a little out of my way, and Cabela's is a whole lot closer. But I'm going to go out of my way to do business with a company that stands behind its products in such a spectacular manner.

Kudos to Scheels! They're guarantee on their rods is no BS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2017, 01:33 PM
Slot Fish

Scheels has the best customer service by far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2017, 02:32 PM
Minnow

Absolutely agree wont find better. I broke a couple rods no questions asked replaced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2017, 02:35 PM
Slot Fish

I have had the same luck with Scheels and their fishing rods. I had to return one last year and there were no questions asked. I had the same rod in my hand and out the door with a new one just like the one that broke. Took maybe 15-20 minutes to make the exchange.

I do like their fishing rods. I have a couple of their Walleye Series Rods and they may not be just like the high dollar rods but I think they are just as good in my opinion.

I will continue to buy from Scheels.
Minn Kota Ulterra W/Mega DI and I-Pilot Link

Last edited by rootdl; 06-26-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:02 PM
Keeper

They are going to open a Sheels in Johnstown Colorado. I will be doing business with them as soon as it opens.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootdl View Post
I do like their fishing rods. I have a couple of their Walleye Series Rods and they may not be just like the high dollar rods but I think they are just as good in my opinion.
They may not be just like the high dollar rods (wouldn't expect them to be at the $130 price point), but the sensitivity for a jig rod is close to on-par. I've fished with some pretty big buck rods in friends boats and this Scheels rod offers similar feel.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:52 PM
Keeper

I have had scheels rods for years now because of this. We have a scheels close to our house and I've had to use the warranty a couple times. It has always been no questions asked and one time they didn't have a like model, so they gave me the next level up.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:35 PM
Keeper

Default Eden Prairie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDioPriest View Post
A few years ago I won a 6'2" Medium Extra Fast Scheels Walleye Series rod as a door prize from my fishing league. To say that I've loved this rod is an understatement. The sensitivity is superb. I like that it has a touch more spine than other MEF jigging rods I've fished with. My hookup percentage went up noticeably after obtaining this rod.

So imagine my disappointment when after 4 seasons of heavy use, and hundreds of walleyes - not to mention northerns, bass and other fish - the largest eyelet closest to the reel snapped off on a hookset, leaving the eyelet dangling. I thought about repairing it. I also thought about using it as an excuse to "move up" to a Loomis or a St. Croix Legend - something high-end.

But in doing my research re; replacement/repair options, I came across a thread somewhere talking about Scheels lifetime warrantee on their Scheels brand rods. So I called and asked the manager of the St. Cloud MN store; told him what the damage was and how it happened; asked him if it would be covered. He said bring it on up (I live in the Twin Cities).

Drove up there this afternoon, and within 5 minutes, I had a brand new identical rod (this year's version of it) in my hands, and I was out the door.

Guys, this is the kind of customer service that will make me a loyal consumer. Scheels is frankly a little out of my way, and Cabela's is a whole lot closer. But I'm going to go out of my way to do business with a company that stands behind its products in such a spectacular manner.

Kudos to Scheels! They're guarantee on their rods is no BS.
You should be seeing one a little closer to home if you are in the Twin Cities. I think they are building a new store in the Eden Prairie Mall that will be full line.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:43 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakewood View Post
You should be seeing one a little closer to home if you are in the Twin Cities. I think they are building a new store in the Eden Prairie Mall that will be full line.
That's good to know - but honestly, I'm in St. Michael. St. Cloud is barely further away than Eden Prairie, and I can avoid metro traffic. But at least I'll have the option. Thanks for the news!
Old 06-27-2017, 09:48 AM
Wallhanger

heres my thing with scheels rods. i think the blanks are really nice. i love the feel on them. but they are just crap for being put together in my opinion. i have a buddy who fishes 1/3 of the time i do (we fish together a lot) and i have fenwick and st croix (low end believe me) rods for the most part. he uses the scheels tournament and pro classic rods. he loves them. however, he's replaced all of them at least once for breaking and what not. i'm not exagerating either and its just normal use. they are stored in my boat for the most part. some of them he's replaced twice. meanwhile, i've replaced a few st croix but that has been due to user error.

for a rod thats almost as expensive to have only 1/3 the use on them break so often is kind of frustrating.

kudos to scheels though for taking care of them. because he has no issue returning them.