Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
I miss my old school electronics - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 07-11-2018, 06:14 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by northshoremb View Post
I get amazing arcs and its because i leverled my transducer to how my boat rides in gear. Search youtube and will see perfect way. Put boat in gear then grab a bunch of coins and a level to get the level straight. Remeber how many coindls you used and the spot then level the boat on dry ground or in garage the same way. That means the boats in the in gear level position and all you need to do is put transducer level and viola perfect arcs

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

That's what I'll be doing next time I'm home. With me and the wife / second person in the boat. Where they will be sitting etc.

Takes a lot to rig and tune a boat to get it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2018, 06:16 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by northshoremb View Post
I get amazing arcs and its because i leverled my transducer to how my boat rides in gear. Search youtube and will see perfect way. Put boat in gear then grab a bunch of coins and a level to get the level straight. Remeber how many coindls you used and the spot then level the boat on dry ground or in garage the same way. That means the boats in the in gear level position and all you need to do is put transducer level and viola perfect arcs

I'll be doing this when I get home in 2 weeks. Need to go out with a second person / wife too.

Takes a lot to tune / rig a boat correctly when you first get it and set it up. Have to get all the gear in the boat to for how it will be riding.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:48 PM
Wallhanger

When you use the coins to level your transducer you do it with the level facing front to back, in that case wouldn't you also want to level it from side to side ???? Also do you level the transducer on your trolling motor to ??? And how do you keep your boat level in waves ???
Terrova w-Link
Old 07-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenf442 View Post
When you use the coins to level your transducer you do it with the level facing front to back, in that case wouldn't you also want to level it from side to side ???? Also do you level the transducer on your trolling motor to ??? And how do you keep your boat level in waves ???
Yoi cant account for waves and yes you want to level for normal list side to side as well if your boat lists. If you always fish 1 person then level for that or if 2 then level that way. You cant 100% get your boat level but you can make it as close as level for your everyday fishing style

Old 07-12-2018, 03:53 AM
Wallhanger

I agree about having the transducer level, the chart speed will affect how the arcs look as well. I don't really care if it's a arc or a blob. It's still a fish.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:58 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigeton View Post
I agree about having the transducer level, the chart speed will affect how the arcs look as well. I don't really care if it's a arc or a blob. It's still a fish.
Bingo............. just being able to see the bottom structure and fish is enough to make a good catch. Too many anglers are worried about the clarity of the screen and not enough on the presentation of the bait to have a successful day on the water.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 06-24-2019, 12:58 PM
Keeper

Anyone miss horses and buggys?

no running water?

dirt floors?

me either
Old 06-24-2019, 03:35 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained View Post
Anyone miss horses and buggys?

no running water?

dirt floors?

me either
How do you miss a animal that is about 2000 lbs and over 6 ft tall.

Running water was always available........just grab a bucket and run down to the lake and fill it up.

Dirty floors are a result of not sweeping up.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 06-24-2019, 08:48 PM
Slot Fish

Im way too fascinated by modern fishing electronics to get rid of them. I love seeing whats under the water, and find myself wanting to watch my finder more than wanting to actually fish.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:38 PM
Keeper

I used the coin/level technique to make sure my transducers where level when in the water. I was amazed how much I had to raise up my jack when in the garage to replicate being on the water. Since I run a tiller and sit in the back I can only assume I'm pretty nose high.

Changing chart speed can make quite a difference on how fish appear on 2D sonar. I run around 1-2 notches below the highest speed.