Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2010 250 Evinrude e tech yes or no - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 10-02-2020, 04:42 PM
Minnow

Default 2010 250 Evinrude e tech yes or no

I am looking a at a 2010 Ranger 620 vs with a 250 Evinrude on it low hours 112 nice boat. I called my local service shop who is a Yamaha/Evinrude dealer and asked what they thought of that motor. I was surprised to hear that there was many power head failures and to stay away from that motor. Whats up, stay away or is there procedures that can be done to prevent this? I really like this boat just wanted some advice all is welcome thanks a ton!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2020, 05:14 PM
Charter Member

There will be only one happy party if you make that purchase.

Guess which party.

Pass on anything with an Evinrude unless it is deeply deeply discounted.

Evinrude is no more.

Good Luck
Old 10-02-2020, 05:26 PM
Wallhanger

Don't do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2020, 05:36 PM
Wallhanger

There are Rangers everywhere with E-Tecs for sale. Do what you like, it's your money. However your shop tried to warn you, people here have warned you. You can heed the warnings or shake the dice.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:01 AM
Wallhanger

Also remember resale will be nothing with that Evinrude in the back.
Minn kota 72" 112lb 36v Terrova
Lowrance Carbon 16
Lowrance HDS Carbon 12
Lowrance autopilot
Navico Precision-9
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
Lowrance 3in1 and HDI
Airmar tm150
2 84" Traxtech tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
8 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Old 10-03-2020, 06:45 PM
Wallhanger

Run!
Old 10-05-2020, 04:31 PM
Keeper

I'm in a similar situation......
'16 V2121 Warrior, low 50s for a price. I know the owner and the boats complete history since this guy bought it new. Doesn't get used much, I'd be surprised if there was 40 hours total on the motor. 300hp evinrude etec without any issues. Boat is completely loaded with electronics, trees, additional single tube rod holders, 36volt ulterra and a kicker

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2020, 04:56 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrevard View Post
I'm in a similar situation......
'16 V2121 Warrior, low 50s for a price. I know the owner and the boats complete history since this guy bought it new. Doesn't get used much, I'd be surprised if there was 40 hours total on the motor. 300hp evinrude etec without any issues. Boat is completely loaded with electronics, trees, additional single tube rod holders, 36volt ulterra and a kicker

My opinion only.........low 50's is a great price, but the boat is a '16 and it is a E-TEC. I wouldn't run but I would make sure it was the boat I really really wanted just in case the motor goes south.

Make a offer, you never know. One thing for sure is the seller knows what he has.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:45 AM
Minnow

RUN!! This is from a guy with a that had a G2 hanging off the back of my boat until this week. Boat is being repowered with a ProXS. When the Etec's G1 or G2 motors run they are strong with a lot of cool tech. I personally was worried about finding parts or even dealers that are willing to work on them in the future. That and with the values of these motors dropping by the day I decided to take my lumps and move on sooner than later. I am betting there are more than a few guys like me that will have a very hard time ever buying another BRP product after being hung out to dry with significantly devalued boats. To all the others that own Etec's I feel for you. We all just took a collective *** kicking with no good exit other than to take the financial beating now or later and move on.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:48 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenson125 View Post
RUN!! This is from a guy with a that had a G2 hanging off the back of my boat until this week. Boat is being repowered with a ProXS. When the Etec's G1 or G2 motors run they are strong with a lot of cool tech. I personally was worried about finding parts or even dealers that are willing to work on them in the future. That and with the values of these motors dropping by the day I decided to take my lumps and move on sooner than later. I am betting there are more than a few guys like me that will have a very hard time ever buying another BRP product after being hung out to dry with significantly devalued boats. To all the others that own Etec's I feel for you. We all just took a collective *** kicking with no good exit other than to take the financial beating now or later and move on.
So you're changing out a good running motor or is it broke right now?