Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2010 250 Evinrude e tech yes or no - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 10-06-2020, 09:01 AM
Minnow

I just got the G2 motor back from the the dealer after having a fuel pump issue resolved, which was covered under warranty. I never even had it back on the water after getting it back from the fuel pump repair. I was warned at that time that they were already seeing some issues with parts availability. I had a few other pretty minor warranty issues over the last 3 years that at that time were handled relatively quickly. This was the last straw for me with all that was going on with BRP pulling the plug. Evaluated selling the boat as is and ordering another Ranger but for me it made more sense to repower. There were so many relatively new glass boats with G2's hanging on them that were up for sale that I would have taken an even bigger beating in my opinion to sell it as a package. Reached out to a number of dealers for a repower quote. All but one would not even consider taking it on trade or even selling it on a consignment basis. In the end I did find a great dealer that was willing to work with me for what I felt was a more than fair trade in offer on the motor to be able to move on so I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2020, 01:03 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenson125 View Post
I just got the G2 motor back from the the dealer after having a fuel pump issue resolved, which was covered under warranty. I never even had it back on the water after getting it back from the fuel pump repair. I was warned at that time that they were already seeing some issues with parts availability. I had a few other pretty minor warranty issues over the last 3 years that at that time were handled relatively quickly. This was the last straw for me with all that was going on with BRP pulling the plug. Evaluated selling the boat as is and ordering another Ranger but for me it made more sense to repower. There were so many relatively new glass boats with G2's hanging on them that were up for sale that I would have taken an even bigger beating in my opinion to sell it as a package. Reached out to a number of dealers for a repower quote. All but one would not even consider taking it on trade or even selling it on a consignment basis. In the end I did find a great dealer that was willing to work with me for what I felt was a more than fair trade in offer on the motor to be able to move on so I did.
Sounds like a smart move, cut your losses now, you'll make it up down the road
Minn kota 72" 112lb 36v Terrova
Lowrance Carbon 16
Lowrance HDS Carbon 12
Lowrance autopilot
Navico Precision-9
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
Lowrance 3in1 and HDI
Airmar tm150
2 84" Traxtech tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
8 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Old 10-06-2020, 05:53 PM
Wallhanger

Don't buy it. Asking for problems
Old 10-06-2020, 05:56 PM
Wallhanger

My bad. I did not read the last few posts.
You did the right thing
Old 10-07-2020, 11:21 AM
Slot Fish

I would stay away as well, can you imagine some of the Alumacraft dealers that have all these etechs bolted on them? they will lose their arse
Old 10-10-2020, 08:51 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrevard View Post
40 hours total on the motor. 300hp evinrude etec without any issues.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

That's kinda' funny right there................40 hours on it but no issues! Not even etecs are that bad!!!!
Old 10-11-2020, 12:08 AM
Keeper

Default Retire your Evinrude

This is what an Evinrude is good for ...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201008_200430739.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	537.5 KB
ID:	321846  
Old 10-11-2020, 06:42 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggamefisher View Post
That's kinda' funny right there................40 hours on it but no issues! Not even etecs are that bad!!!!
How about 77 hours and it has needed nothing but normal service?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2020, 08:27 AM
Slot Fish

Its too bad that evinrude pulled the rug out from people, stuck a lot of people with motors worth pennies on the dollar
Old 10-11-2020, 01:15 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by troller71 View Post
Its too bad that evinrude pulled the rug out from people, stuck a lot of people with motors worth pennies on the dollar
It wouldn't be such a bad thing if people could believe an Evinrude didn't need servicing and be reliable for years and years as with a Yamaha. But no, an Evinrude owner can expect to need servicing and hope that BRP is living up to their promise to support their dealer network with parts and warranty service.

I had a 1978 Evinrude pancake 140 once - it needed its trim seals redone - there was but one spanner wrench in this area that was passed from dealership to dealership and the seals were very difficult to find. And that was when Evinrude was still in business.