Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bimini top or rain top for Warrior - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-31-2021, 12:19 PM
Keeper

Default Bimini top or rain top for Warrior

Considering a Warrior 208. I really like having the rain top that goes from the top of the windshield and aft behind front seats on my Lund. I have not seen any of these tops on the Warriors or Skeeters. Do any of you have something like this or a Bimini top for sun shielding in the middle of the day? I assume custom is probably the only option. Cost, vendors, pictures? Any input greatly appreciated!

FN

PS, any idea how far out Warrior orders and deliveries are? Haven’t called dealer yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2021, 12:29 PM
Wallhanger

I believe Dowco makes a bunch of tops for warrior. When I get my 208 I am going custom. Just like I have on my crossover. My top has zip off front windows (visor) zip off sides. So I can have a sun top or full enclosed front. I also got the sides made so I could use them with my vertical rod trees installed. https://www.walleyecentral.com/forum...ictureid=38170
Old 08-31-2021, 12:36 PM
Keeper

I asking myself the same question for my Warrior 193. Not so much for rain, but the sun. I’ve had a few very hot days on the water this summer. I’m going to follow this thread as I hope to have it complete prior to spring.

The Dowco tops have horrible reviews as that’s where I looked first. I have a Dowco cover that I like and find acceptable.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2021, 01:35 PM
Keeper

Default Bimini top or rain top for Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNorth View Post
Considering a Warrior 208. I really like having the rain top that goes from the top of the windshield and aft behind front seats on my Lund. I have not seen any of these tops on the Warriors or Skeeters. Do any of you have something like this or a Bimini top for sun shielding in the middle of the day? I assume custom is probably the only option. Cost, vendors, pictures? Any input greatly appreciated!

FN

PS, any idea how far out Warrior orders and deliveries are? Haven’t called dealer yet.

A couple of weeks ago it was end of March. The biggest unknown was delivery date on the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Swarwick; 08-31-2021 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:36 PM
Keeper

This thread got me off my duff and I contacted my local canvas dealer, just for background. We had a nice talk and I’ll be visiting him next week. But, we discussed a Bimini that is about 6 foot long, and high enough for me to stand under. It would have a zipper on the front allowing a clear walk through panel to be attached and removed. The clear panel would zip to the Bimini and snap to the top of the windshield. AL frame with SS ends and attachments, sumbrella material.

I have track on my gunnel. I fabricated some Al to fit in the track upon which the frame would attach. Straps would extend off the back to hold tight, and the front would be held tight by snaps when the clear panel was used, or straps when it was not used.

This is the plan I’m going in with. Discussion may alter my thinking. Est. = 1200…which seems a touch high, but not totally out of park.

Thoughts?
Old 08-31-2021, 04:17 PM
Wallhanger

Ive got the Dowco Fishini top for my 208, ordered from Warrior when I bought it. I’m very happy with it as a sun cover. It’s tall enough to stand under, but still provides plenty of shade. Super easy to put up and take down, and no issues running with it up at speeds up to 45 mph.

Like all tops, it’ll be kinda in the way when it’s down, but the tradeoff is worth it on those crazy hot days or those days when it’s a gentle rain and you’ve got a place to get some cover.

I know Warrior offers full tops as an option when you’re buying, but Ive never seen one in person. If I was in the market for a full top, I’d check with the dealer first, and then check into the local canvas shop options. A custom setup is often cheaper, and you get exactly what you want.

Waxy

P.S. Sorry for the bad pic, it’s the only one I have on my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC9ED08D-C058-457E-84EC-977A31F82E98.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	328942  
Old 09-01-2021, 07:40 PM
Wallhanger

I don't have pictures to put up at the moment. I had rails put on my 203 and mounted a regular bimini top to my warrior. I am a die hard anti Sun guy and the Bimini goes up in direct sun even when it is about 55 degrees out.
Old 09-02-2021, 06:02 AM
Wallhanger

i put a bimini top on my boat that was made for a different brand boat. i think it was for a champion boat. i bought it off eBay for an amazing price. i measured my boat where I wanted my top to attach and it was 84". when I looked at tops I found the size I wanted and checked it out and bought it. i would never be without a bimini top. but if you got the money to spend go custom with clear plastic in the front that zips in then snaps to the windshield and side curtains that zip in and snaps to the funnel and a rear curtain that zips in and zips to the side curtains. this gives everybody protection when its cold or water splashing or when you get caught in a pop-up rainstorm. you want the top just high enough that its over your heads. when it heats up or your fishing remove the curtains and have fun.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:40 AM
Minnow

If you guys could post pics of your permanent tops on your walleye boats it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and look forward to seeing them.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:23 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk79 View Post
If you guys could post pics of your permanent tops on your walleye boats it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and look forward to seeing them.
Seconded! I've tried finding pics online of boats anything like mine (2020 620FS Cup) with Bimini tops, but no luck whatsoever.

Gerry