Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund vs Alumacraft......pros & cons of each - Page 11 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Minnow

So after deciding to quit lurking around here for yrs I decided to register and chime in.....here are my personal thoughts..

I have been a Lund guy for 30 plus yrs.....all with omc motors.....I came into the market for a new rig this spring and started looking after Christmas and decided that my interest would be directed to either a new Lund Rebel XS or an Alumacraft Classic, both with a tiller. Because the live-wells are in the front and for the size thats plenty of boat for my needs.

After looking at each, at multiple dealers all over Wisconsin, I started dealing on a new Alumacraft as the deal breaker for the Lund was that mercury motor. Having been a Merc Employee in fondy, they wont get a nickle of my $$, ever. Now before you chime in and say go to Jerry's or a dealer that will hang a different motor I will say I thought about that, and did, but, I am not willing to lose all the rebates for changing thus making the rig, at least, $3k more at a minimum. for not alot of more room. So after not finding the deal that I liked I happened to talk to a guy from Minnesota and he said call Lacannes.....which I did....and I gotta say, so far, over the phone, they have earned my bus!! Boat should be in by the end of the month! Ordered the color and trailer I wanted with a new Yamaha....cant wait.

And to the guy above....I havent talked to a dealer that new much about what they were selling....a local dealer has a 2016 and wanted to argue that it was a 17....its not rocket science...look at the transom!! Wow

Great site and I plan on more lurking!! Thanks for all the help as you have contributed alot!!!

To the Wisconsin dealers that I tried....they could take a lesson in customer service from lacannes, thus far any way....evidently they dont want to sell boats I guess........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

You will not be disappointed in LaCannes.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Keeper

Default ????

"Quote"Having been a Merc Employee in fondy, they wont get a nickle of my $$, ever.

CH, For a guy with two posts i would certainly like you to elaborate on this comment. A lot of guys on here run mercs and are very happy, including myself. Is it personal? The way they treat employees? Quality control? I would like to know.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish267 View Post
"Quote"Having been a Merc Employee in fondy, they wont get a nickle of my $$, ever.

CH, For a guy with two posts i would certainly like you to elaborate on this comment. A lot of guys on here run mercs and are very happy, including myself. Is it personal? The way they treat employees? Quality control? I would like to know.
Not sure 2 posts has to do with anything? like saying a guy with a couple hundred posts shouldnt ask??

And there ALOT of guys that love there Merc!! Good but Dont care!! I wont have one, ever, and dont need to go into detail about it as its just my .02.....you like it so own it! I wont and never will!
Old 03-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Keeper

You made a very wise choice going to LaCanne's Marine for an Alumacraft. I personally believe you also made a very wise move getting a Yamaha. Congrats and welcome aboard!
Old 03-12-2017, 05:33 PM
What?

Cool What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622 View Post
Not sure 2 posts has to do with anything? like saying a guy with a couple hundred posts shouldnt ask??

And there ALOT of guys that love there Merc!! Good but Dont care!! I wont have one, ever, and dont need to go into detail about it as its just my .02.....you like it so own it! I wont and never will!
Hey relax, the guy was just asking why you had that opinion. You feel pissy go on the Huffington post. Tough guy!
Old 03-13-2017, 08:55 AM
Hat Trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622 View Post

And to the guy above....I havent talked to a dealer that new much about what they were selling....a local dealer has a 2016 and wanted to argue that it was a 17....its not rocket science...look at the transom!! Wow

To the Wisconsin dealers that I tried....they could take a lesson in customer service from lacannes, thus far any way....evidently they dont want to sell boats I guess........
Was it M&J Marine? LMAO.