Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Truck Bed Mat - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 12-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Keeper

Default Truck Bed Mat

I have a new 2019 Chevy Silverado. The truck came with the factory sprayed in bed liner. I have found that it is very slippery and gear like a tool box or luggage or a cooler slide around when ever accelerating or braking. I have thought about purchasing a rubber type bed mat to help hold items in place. What do you recommend. Lots of products out there. Thanks
Milfish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2019, 03:32 PM
Charter Member

Wow, I had my 2001 sprayed when it was new,not slick, it is still holding stuff like Jack Benny* and a dollar.

Bill

* (For you young whippersnappers**) Jack Benny was a late, great comedian whose stage persona was know as being very thrifty.

**Whippersnapper: I forgot if you don't know who Jack was, you probably don't know the meaning of whippersnapper, either! Means a relative young person. Not your relative.

Sorry, got carried away, have a good day!!
Old 12-04-2019, 06:37 PM
Keeper

I had rubber floor mat in the back of my F-150 loved it. stuff would not slide around My new truck has the Line-X and it bis slippery Now i just bungie chord plastic milk crate in the back to hols smaller stuff. Tie or strap in the big stuff..

2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty, 6.7 Power Stroke Diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2019, 07:09 PM
Keeper

Depends on what you use your truck for.

Use my truck as a tow vehicle/vacation cruiser and got a Husky ultra fiber bedliner. Very, very pleased. Like a cross between quilt and carpet. Works very nicely for me. Had both knees replaced and I can crawl across the bed with no discomfort. Wouldn't even think about it with any of the spray ons or plastic mats. Very quiet too. Normally only have a small plastic stool/toolbox and some assorted other stuff like a small shovel and have never heard a peep out of them. But even loaded for a road trip or fishing trip you'd never know anything's back there it's so quiet. And you want to keep it dry. I put mine away wet once and didn't use the truck for a few days and it smelled pretty bad. Have to vacuum it, can't just sweep or take a hose and wash it out.

I never use the truck for hauling anything more than bags water softener ice, mulch in plastic bags, or 15-20 concrete landscaping blocks or suitcases and coolers. If you use your truck to haul a bed full of construction or landscaping materials I think I'd go with a spray on or plastic mat.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:32 PM
Keeper

I have a BEDRUG in my f-350, It was also in my 2004 f-250 so it has a lot of years and miles on it.
I also have the spray in.

Last edited by Clairebear; 12-04-2019 at 08:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-04-2019, 10:34 PM
Wallhanger

A resounding second on the BedRug. Got mine new for the 2012 F-150. The main section uses super-duper velcro to hold it in, so is very easy to pull out/reinstall if needed (like if you are hauling sand, pine needles, etc. that are hard to get out of a carpet material). I have spilled battery acid (lots!) on it once (that pooled on/into it for a couple of hours before I discovered it), and concentrated pool bleach a couple of times. Nothing fazes it. Barrier on the bottom, so nothing ever got through to the actual truck bed.
For the battery acid - a ton of baking soda and water slurry poured on it, until the foaming stopped, then vacuumed up with a wet vac.
While it does soak up water in the rain, it dries really fast. Never had an issue with it thinking about coming loose when running with no cover on the bed, after 90K miles. Still looks new.
The only issue I have had is not properly fastening the bed cover in freezing rain - then water gets into the rug where the tailgate hinge line is, freezes, and then it is a bear to open the tailgate. But no fear of damage if you force the gate open - the material suffers no damage due to the ice breaking (no ice in the hinge, just the rug itself frozen).
Old 12-05-2019, 07:02 AM
Wallhanger

Any old carpeting will stop things from sliding.........from indoor/outdoor carpet to remnants purchased cheap........even just pieces of carpeting under things you keep in there.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
DJT 2020
Old 12-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Wallhanger

DeeZee with matching tailgate match. Inexpensive. Tougher than nails, impervious to grease, oil, etc. Items donít slide, but some owners prefer an easy sliding surface to facilitate pushing and pulling items on the bed.

I prefer an easy lift out mat so it can be pulled and the bed hosed down.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:28 AM
TMG ul

I use a rubber backed piece of carpet rug. It's the entrance rug you see at businesses.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Minnow

I use mine as a truck. Nothing in the bed of our 2015 Siverado LTZ. We've hauled blocks, fence rolls, Lumber you name it. I have two of the "cargo bars" and use them for small stuff that I don't want sliding all over.