Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
MN Trailmaster Dealers - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 06-25-2020, 02:56 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad34 View Post
I ponied up for the premium tough coat paint in hopes of preventing rock chips and rust for as long as possible. I'm not sure if they can color match with the tough coat paint.
I got what Trailmaster Trailers called "Tundra" coating on my trailer and it's very similar to "Line X".....no chips or rust so for now for 5 years HOWEVER, it holds the dirt WAY more then regular paint. When I launch to fish Erie out of the "Catt" it picks up a LOT of dirt that flows in the creek 24/7/365. I have to power wash it and hand wash it to remove that dirt. Maybe if they had a wash down hose there and I could get it off before it dried on the way home it would come right off but I'm not sure. After 3 or 4 launches there my trailer starts to look gray instead of black.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2020, 10:00 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassin08 View Post
Mine was silver and I never had any problems with paint chips, or rust. The Vault hubs are great.
I'm really excited for the Vault hubs. No maintenance needed for at least 5 years, possibly 10? Almost sounds too good to be true.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:03 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
I got what Trailmaster Trailers called "Tundra" coating on my trailer and it's very similar to "Line X".....no chips or rust so for now for 5 years HOWEVER, it holds the dirt WAY more then regular paint. When I launch to fish Erie out of the "Catt" it picks up a LOT of dirt that flows in the creek 24/7/365. I have to power wash it and hand wash it to remove that dirt. Maybe if they had a wash down hose there and I could get it off before it dried on the way home it would come right off but I'm not sure. After 3 or 4 launches there my trailer starts to look gray instead of black.
That's a bummer to hear. Hopefully the paint Heritage uses doesn't hold as much dirt. I guess it's worth the trade off if it prevents corrosion for a long time.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:31 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad34 View Post
That's a bummer to hear. Hopefully the paint Heritage uses doesn't hold as much dirt. I guess it's worth the trade off if it prevents corrosion for a long time.
If you launch in relative clean/clear water you will be fine. It's just this one launch that is really a creek/river leading out to Lake Erie. It a MUDDY type creek that pumps out all kinds of clay like mud, especially when it rains.

It my go to spot for Lake Erie JUMBO Perch.........Cattaraugus Creek

https://www.google.com/search?q=Catt...H2f1MWZ80vdf3M
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra