Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bow Mount 360 on Ranger FS or other Deep V? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 11-04-2019, 05:17 AM
Minnow

Thanks. Pictures would definitely help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye-Crappie Mostly View Post
Thanks. Pictures would definitely help.
Here's what's in my head. It should allow me to drop the clamp that holds the transducer shaft to it's properly submerged. No Photoshop, I used the old school print, cut and paste method....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ultrex 360.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	313720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ultrex 360 Dropped.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	487.4 KB
ID:	313722  
Old 11-22-2019, 08:29 AM
Minnow

I run a 2017 621 w/60” Ultrex and a 360. It works just fine for me. However I am running the original style (Fortrex)on the Ultrex.

So I had to purchase an adaptor plate deal that bolts where the Ultrex version would mount. Never thought about overall length being it has the adaptor.

Don’t expect the 360 head to stay in the water though in 3’+ waves is all. I also run a Garmin LiveScope right beside it and love it. I think they both have their purposes.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:08 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookerz Tackle View Post
I run a 2017 621 w/60” Ultrex and a 360. It works just fine for me. However I am running the original style (Fortrex)on the Ultrex.

So I had to purchase an adaptor plate deal that bolts where the Ultrex version would mount. Never thought about overall length being it has the adaptor.

Don’t expect the 360 head to stay in the water though in 3’+ waves is all. I also run a Garmin LiveScope right beside it and love it. I think they both have their purposes.
Just a quick update for anyone considering a unit with my same model of boat. I got the new boat on the water yesterday, it's a 2020 Ranger 621 FS Pro. I measured the Ultrex, where the Mega 360 will mount, to the water line and it should fit and work just fine. Based on my measurements I should have and extra 2" to 3" of shaft over the minimum required. It should work fine with small waves and normal conditions while sitting still and fishing off the bow.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:13 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
Just a heads up to the OP. I have 3 friends who have recently bought Garmins with Livescope. They all love them! One friend sold 3 Lowrance units and replaced them with all Garmin. The other 2 friends bought the Garmins with Livescope and put them up front, but kept their Humminbirds at the helm. One said if he was made to choose only having 1 unit, he would choose the Livescope. Another fellow always claimed he local lake was fished out. With the Livescope he has been having a ball,finding fish he never knew were there. They all have the Livescope transducer mounted on a "stick" rather than the trolling motor. With the stick they can spin the transducer around keeping track of the fish without having to move the trolling motor as they usually have it in anchor mode. I have fished with 2 of them, and they never had to mess with any settings during the day, so I don't think having to learn a new "brand" would be an issue. I would strongly urge you to look at the Garmin Livescope! I'd love to have one, but unfortunately I can't get out fishing enough for the $$ investment.
Completely different purposes here. Livescope scans the water column with slight bottom structure. 360 scans bottom structure with slight water column. The ideal solution would be both depending on your application. Not a livescope user either but do run Livesight and dont think i will ever be without it.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:47 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
Just a heads up to the OP. I have 3 friends who have recently bought Garmins with Livescope. They all love them! One friend sold 3 Lowrance units and replaced them with all Garmin. The other 2 friends bought the Garmins with Livescope and put them up front, but kept their Humminbirds at the helm. One said if he was made to choose only having 1 unit, he would choose the Livescope. Another fellow always claimed he local lake was fished out. With the Livescope he has been having a ball,finding fish he never knew were there. They all have the Livescope transducer mounted on a "stick" rather than the trolling motor. With the stick they can spin the transducer around keeping track of the fish without having to move the trolling motor as they usually have it in anchor mode. I have fished with 2 of them, and they never had to mess with any settings during the day, so I don't think having to learn a new "brand" would be an issue. I would strongly urge you to look at the Garmin Livescope! I'd love to have one, but unfortunately I can't get out fishing enough for the $$ investment.

I ordered the boat with a 15” Solix on the console and a 12” Solix on the bow so adding another graph to the bow isn’t really an option at this point. Maybe in a few years when I forget how much it all cost but not now. Plus the 12” Solix on the bow connects directly into the Mega Down Imaging transducer on the Ultrex.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:19 PM
Wallhanger

Yeah man it's not even close. I have fished in a few boats that have 360 and never were we open water trolling or something where it couldn't be useful and not once did we use it. Without asking why I can only assume that it's one of those things that sounds great until you try it. I would get live scope hands down not even consider 360. Until they come out with a live 360 that would interest me.
Hds 8&5
Terrova 80 ipilot

NPAA #409
Old 01-06-2020, 08:32 PM
Slot Fish

360 imaging is worthless... Save your money.... I got suckered by the you tube videos.... I may as well have taken $1500 and wiped my [email protected]$ with it...
Humminbird Helix 10's w/ 360 Imaging
Ulterra 112
Old 01-10-2020, 04:32 AM
Wallhanger

Default Ok

I am a huge fan of this bracket for my 360. Hands down for all applications. Mounted on the bow and deploys and stores like a electric trolling motor. Solid as a rock and offers the opportunity to add transducers.

.https://www.podunkideas.com/360-model.html
Old 01-10-2020, 04:38 AM
Wallhanger

Default Some thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJamison11 View Post
360 imaging is worthless... Save your money.... I got suckered by the you tube videos.... I may as well have taken $1500 and wiped my [email protected]$ with it...
Tim I have my 360 mounted on a da-ducer bracket on the bow of my 2025 and networked to HB Helix 10 GN2.

I don't use it to find fish, but I do like it for following a weed line edge, rock piles would not be without. Considering a 360 mega "but" the upgrade would cost me $2000.00 to $2500.00 for both the transducer and the Helix GN3.

Does take some getting accustomed to and many of my walleye fishing buddies don't see any value to it over the live scope