Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Things to do before I sell my Sonar Unit?? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 12-03-2019, 06:49 AM
Keeper

Default Things to do before I sell my Sonar Unit??

Ok I'm going to upgrade my Helix 12 G2N (non Mega) to a Mega unit or even a Solix Mega unit. What I wanna know is what info should I be making sure I save and what will already be saved to Autocharts Zerolines card before I sell.
Can I save waypoints to Zerolines or need to insert another card and save to there? All autocharts should have automatically saved to the zerolines card or some could be on unit itself??

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2019, 12:49 PM
Slot Fish

If you can afford it I would buy and install the new unit before getting rid of the old one. That way you can be 100% sure you have all the data you need before you sell it.

I'm not 100% sure how to export all the mapping data. I have a Solix and I dont think it requires a Zerolines card, not 100% certain.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:53 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
If you can afford it I would buy and install the new unit before getting rid of the old one. That way you can be 100% sure you have all the data you need before you sell it.

I'm not 100% sure how to export all the mapping data. I have a Solix and I dont think it requires a Zerolines card, not 100% certain.
They dont require a zerolines but then again you can only map 8 hours and the more you map it erases the old data so you dont want that. Zerolines is almost endless data they say

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2019, 01:10 PM
Slot Fish

Ah right, I remember reading that now.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Slot Fish

On a side note, I had a Helix 12 before I got my Solix. Part of me wishes I would have just gotten a new Helix. The Solix OS feel clunky. I'm slowly getting used to it, but the Helix OS feels way more polished. I was unable to find a Solix unit locally on display, so I was unable to play with the OS before I bought it. If you have one in your area I would suggest trying it out and see if you like it.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:23 PM
Keeper

Quote:
On a side note, I had a Helix 12 before I got my Solix. Part of me wishes I would have just gotten a new Helix. The Solix OS feel clunky. I'm slowly getting used to it, but the Helix OS feels way more polished. I was unable to find a Solix unit locally on display, so I was unable to play with the OS before I bought it. If you have one in your area I would suggest trying it out and see if you like it.
Is it Gen 1 your Solix? I like the ability when driving ir fishing to touch screen on a rock or structure and put waypoint fast instead of the buttons and cursor

Old 12-03-2019, 02:34 PM
Slot Fish

It's Gen2. The touchscreen is nice sometimes. It feels a little sluggish compared to my phone, but generally works well.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:34 PM
Wallhanger

The bumpier the water the harder the touch screen it use. That's why they give you a choice. Holding the phone in your hands together is why the phone seems better. I think the Solix touch screen is excellent. As far as comparing to Helix, Solix is more versatile but also more complex to learn. The sonar is equal, and the screen is the same resolution. If you are one to get frustrated with computers then Helix is a good choice. Less learning. JMHO Bob
Old 12-05-2019, 09:04 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
Holding the phone in your hands together is why the phone seems better.
Na, that's not accurate. Setting in my driveway using my Solix the screen is less responsive than my phone. Considerably so. The Solix is totally usable, but it is less responsive. This is only a problem because of the expectation phones have set. You expect feedback within 500 milliseconds or so after you touch or scroll. Using the buttons, instead of the touch screen, there is no delay.

Additionally there is nothing new to learn with the Solix. It only adds very few features the helix didnt have and actually removes some the Helix has. For instance, the only big difference in my mind between the two, besides the touch screen, is being able to put together your own views. Building a new view is super simple. But unlike the Helix, you cant adjust the size of your screen splits anymore. Learning the Solix is trivial if you know the Helix. The issue is the menu system in the Solix is not as good as the Helix in my opinion. So, if you like really well thought out menus use Helix or a Lowrance.

Last edited by jdavis; 12-05-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:42 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Na, that's not accurate. Setting in my driveway using my Solix the screen is less responsive than my phone. Considerably so. The Solix is totally usable, but it is less responsive. This is only a problem because of the expectation phones have set. You expect feedback within 500 milliseconds or so after you touch or scroll. Using the buttons, instead of the touch screen, there is no delay.

Additionally there is nothing new to learn with the Solix. It only adds very few features the helix didnt have and actually removes some the Helix has. For instance, the only big difference in my mind between the two, besides the touch screen, is being able to put together your own views. Building a new view is super simple. But unlike the Helix, you cant adjust the size of your screen splits anymore. Learning the Solix is trivial if you know the Helix. The issue is the menu system in the Solix is not as good as the Helix in my opinion. So, if you like really well thought out menus use Helix or a Lowrance.
I have to say you are way off about the Solix complexity compared to helix. JMHO Bob