Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Best jigging rod - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 10-14-2014, 09:59 AM
Wallhanger

Awesome pole.
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2014, 09:58 PM
Keeper

Default best jigging rod

what about the shimano crucial rods. any one use those?
Old 10-30-2014, 05:29 AM
Wallhanger

I would stick with St. Croix for the warranty alone. Came in handy 2x's now. Send it in get a new rod shipped back. I'm sure Shimano makes great rods I'm sure but I know they don't have the warranty that St. Croix has so I doesn't make sense to me. To each their own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2014, 05:56 AM
Wallhanger

Also for guys talking about the Rage why not spend $20-30 more for an avid and get a lifetime warranty versus a 5 year with the Rage? Eyecon is a decent rod for the money but doesn't come close to an Avid for jigging IMHO. And the price difference isn't that much more.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaRigger View Post
not saying it's not. i have 3 Rage rods all made in mexico and I love them. that other guy was spouting off about buying American while his stuff was made elsewhere

You read his post wrong, he never said his rods were made in America, he said St. Croix is an American company which they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingchinook View Post
Hey I have a 6'3 eyecon 6 to 10 pd it's a killer rod and a pflueger patriarch reel its the ultimate combo super light super strong works so smooth and stay away from G-Loomis since they sold out to shimano they are not the same and st.ctoix still is American company the money u spend will go in an Americans pocket not back to Japan support American rod builders cause they are the best
Old 10-30-2014, 07:36 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman38 View Post
You read his post wrong, he never said his rods were made in America, he said St. Croix is an American company which they are.
you are they one who read it wrong. he said "american rod builders are the best" I really doubt they have Americans making rods in mexico for lower wages.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:44 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumalunker View Post
Also for guys talking about the Rage why not spend $20-30 more for an avid and get a lifetime warranty versus a 5 year with the Rage? Eyecon is a decent rod for the money but doesn't come close to an Avid for jigging IMHO. And the price difference isn't that much more.
the price difference is more like $40. plus I liked the handles and micro guides on the casting models. They just came out with an Avid X line with micro guides and split grips that I will check out next year.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaRigger View Post
you are they one who read it wrong. he said "american rod builders are the best" I really doubt they have Americans making rods in mexico for lower wages.
St. Croix is still an American Rod builder (American designs), they have Mexican work force for certain models to produce the American Rod design.

So either way it is a pointless debate.

They make good rods in all their plants, are they the best rod in the world? Buy one and compare it to others, only you can make that call.

I will say on the Avid, LT and LE series the warranty is excellent.

I use from 6'3 to 6'10 medium action fast to xtra fast. Keep in mind that Loomis Xtra fast might not be the same as St. Croix or Abu Garcia Xtra fast.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:13 PM
Wallhanger

Mexico is in America! What your looking for is "Made in the USA". Some St. Croix's are made in the USA (Park Falls, WI) others are made in Mexico. All are great rods and all are "American made".
Old 10-31-2014, 09:35 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucont View Post
I use a pair of oldies but goodies. Two 6' Berkley Series Ones coupled with a pair Lews Speed Spins. I hate to think how old these are, even worse would be having to replacing them.
Just replaced my old Lew's Speed Stick for a 6'3" elite tech. I'll be testing it on some later fall Smallies this weekend..
HB 1199 CI HD Si (Helm)
Helix 10 GPS (Dash)
Evinrude 15HO Kicker (Tiller)