Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Gun safe ? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 07-13-2019, 05:42 PM
Charter Member

Businesses that sell large safes usually have access to a business that delivers safes to the store's customers when needed. The guys that delivered mine had a dolly that climbed up or down stairs as required by the situation. The fee to have the safe delivered was a separate arrangement between me and the safe movers.

Ask a safe retailer and I bet they can put you in contact with safe movers.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2019, 06:23 PM
Keeper

My neighbor has a Zanotti Safe. They ship disassembled, you put it together. It uses cylinders that slide into place from the inside. No individual piece weighs more than 100 lbs and is as secure as a regular gun safe.

https://zanottiarmor.com/

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2019, 08:46 PM
Minnow

Default Zanotti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdirection View Post
My neighbor has a Zanotti Safe. They ship disassembled, you put it together. It uses cylinders that slide into place from the inside. No individual piece weighs more than 100 lbs and is as secure as a regular gun safe.

https://zanottiarmor.com/

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
X2 I have one and it is quite large and was able to be taken down steps, through a narrow door, and placed where I wanted it. If you might move in the future no big deal to go with you as another bonus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2019, 08:54 PM
Keeper

I always buy multiple small gun safes rather than one large safe. They are easier to move and easier to find a place for in the house... and cheaper to boot. They also make spousal inventory much more difficult
Old 07-16-2019, 05:38 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
I always buy multiple small gun safes rather than one large safe. They are easier to move and easier to find a place for in the house... and cheaper to boot. They also make spousal inventory much more difficult
Now this guy gets it.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:55 AM
Minnow

There is a great option from SnapSafe

https://www.snapsafe.com/why-choose-a-modular-safe
Old 07-16-2019, 11:09 AM
Wallhanger

If you watch this video he makes some good points. The 100 pound gun vault style is enough for most people. Most thieves are not going to spend allot of time cutting in to either style. Plus the lightweight vaults are easier to install or move if you change houses. https://youtu.be/CkT8VBBTYeQ
Old 07-16-2019, 01:07 PM
Wallhanger

My safe is very heavy but is fireproof and in addition to protecting my firearms, it will also protect my important legal documents in the event of a fire. I hope I never have to move it again. It was hard enough to get it across the room when we converted our office/guest room into my office.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:22 PM
Wallhanger

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions. I ordered one from Secure It I think it will meet my needs