Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Master Angler Walleye LOTW - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-23-2019, 09:41 PM
martinbns's Avatar
martinbns martinbns is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,410
Default

Walleye sie vary quite a bit. 27" in Lake Winnipeg is just a nice fish, but 27" in the Northern of LOTW is a nice walleye, probably close to the equivalent of 30" in the South basin of LOTW.
__________________
2017 Lund Pro V 1875
200hp Verado Pro 9.9 Pro-Kicker
Humminbird Onix 8si & Helix 7 gn2
MinnKota Terrova 80/60/24 ipilot
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #12  
Old 08-23-2019, 10:54 PM
cutting edge
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by northshoremb View Post
Man 27" is tiny so I'm so surprised that's their master angler length

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
I wouldn't say 27" is tiny.....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-24-2019, 06:27 AM
KPKyllo's Avatar
KPKyllo KPKyllo is online now
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northwest Minnesota
Posts: 1,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbns View Post
Walleye sie vary quite a bit. 27" in Lake Winnipeg is just a nice fish, but 27" in the Northern of LOTW is a nice walleye, probably close to the equivalent of 30" in the South basin of LOTW.

I'd argue with you about your statement concerning LOTW walleyes. The walleyes are extremely thick and heavy right now on the south end of the lake.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LOW 29 Inch 2.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	537.8 KB
ID:	312504  
__________________
Karry Kyllo
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-24-2019, 07:04 AM
cutting edge
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPKyllo View Post
I'd argue with you about your statement concerning LOTW walleyes. The walleyes are extremely thick and heavy right now on the south end of the lake.
Nice healthy looking fish, what's the length?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-24-2019, 07:09 AM
martinbns's Avatar
martinbns martinbns is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPKyllo View Post
I'd argue with you about your statement concerning LOTW walleyes. The walleyes are extremely thick and heavy right now on the south end of the lake.
That was my point, in the big open lakes they school after large bait schools, in the northern part of the lake they tend to occupy smaller areas around structure. I think they grow slower. I used to fish the Ottawa River which as pretty good, the Fish and Game biologists told us the strain we had was slow growing compared to other places, he referenced Lake Nipissing.
__________________
2017 Lund Pro V 1875
200hp Verado Pro 9.9 Pro-Kicker
Humminbird Onix 8si & Helix 7 gn2
MinnKota Terrova 80/60/24 ipilot
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-24-2019, 11:29 AM
KPKyllo's Avatar
KPKyllo KPKyllo is online now
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northwest Minnesota
Posts: 1,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutting edge View Post
Nice healthy looking fish, what's the length?
29 inches but I didn't weigh it. 29 inch fish are common this year on the south end of the lake and even smaller fish are built like little footballs.
__________________
Karry Kyllo
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-24-2019, 12:11 PM
cutting edge
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPKyllo View Post
29 inches but I didn't weigh it. 29 inch fish are common this year on the south end of the lake and even smaller fish are built like little footballs.
Nice....I have never weighed any of my walleyes, I have always felt that the length is more important, as a fish can change in weight for multiple reasons...the length is what it is!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-24-2019, 12:41 PM
Wall-i-Lama Wall-i-Lama is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Western Illinois
Posts: 1,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbns View Post
Was out on the weekend, caught my best walleye of the year. 27.5" and heavy.

6'6" Fenwick Aetos, Pflueger Patriarch, 1/6 oz ned rig jog with a leech in 20' of water.
Nice walleye in any water!
__________________
Wall-i-Lama
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-24-2019, 12:55 PM
KPKyllo's Avatar
KPKyllo KPKyllo is online now
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northwest Minnesota
Posts: 1,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbns View Post
That was my point, in the big open lakes they school after large bait schools, in the northern part of the lake they tend to occupy smaller areas around structure. I think they grow slower. I used to fish the Ottawa River which as pretty good, the Fish and Game biologists told us the strain we had was slow growing compared to other places, he referenced Lake Nipissing.
Sorry, misunderstood what you meant.
__________________
Karry Kyllo
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.