Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Temple Bay Resort (Eagle Lake) All Inclusive Trip - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 09-20-2019, 09:19 AM
Minnow

Default Temple Bay Resort (Eagle Lake) All Inclusive Trip

My dad is turning 60 this year and my brothers and I would like to give him a memory that will hopefully last a lifetime. We are considering doing the all inclusive bus trip (from Madison) to Temple Bay Resort to fish Eagle Lake.

The two trip options we have are either a 7 day trip from June 15-June 22 or a 5 day trip from July 16-July 21. Are either one of these dates better in regards to fishing? We will primarily be looking for walleyes and occasionally perch and or small mouth.

Any other tips and or pointers from people who have fished this lake at a similar time would be more than appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2019, 03:34 PM
Keeper

Fished Eagle Lake years ago and now fish LacSeul that very week with my large group. IMHO, I wouldn't give up the mid-June spot if you paid me as it's a great time of year for all levels of fishing. Beginners or experienced Walleye, Smallies and Pike will all be available in 15' of water or less for the most part. Great time of year in NW Ontario.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehelt View Post
My dad is turning 60 this year and my brothers and I would like to give him a memory that will hopefully last a lifetime. We are considering doing the all inclusive bus trip (from Madison) to Temple Bay Resort to fish Eagle Lake.

The two trip options we have are either a 7 day trip from June 15-June 22 or a 5 day trip from July 16-July 21. Are either one of these dates better in regards to fishing? We will primarily be looking for walleyes and occasionally perch and or small mouth.

Any other tips and or pointers from people who have fished this lake at a similar time would be more than appreciated.

Thanks!
June 15 will be better for walleye, small mouth

July 16 will be better for perch, musky

I think you'll have a great trip either time!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2019, 07:12 AM
Wallhanger

June 15 would be my pick as prime time if you don’t mind the crowd at Temple Bay.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:26 AM
Central Wisconsin

I fished Eagle out of Temple Bay over 15 times, always the week after the week you want to go in June. You should have no trouble finding fish. I would suggest the 4 days fishing stay and take a guide for days one and two then going exploring on day three and take a guide the last day. It's nice to take a guide the last day as you can relax and they do the fabulous shore lunch for you. The one comment about being crowded or busy is not a problem as all the guides are busy and working the lake and know where the fish are , and better able to put you on fish. Jigs and minnows are the bread and butter for that lake. Chartreuse and plain jigs work well. Sometimes a little orange color on chartreuse jigs is a go to color. It's a huge lake with 400 islands and many small bays so you can almost always find a spot to fish if weather is rough. Good Luck and enjoy.