Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Is this a stupid idea and a waste of time - Picture Chart - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-13-2021, 08:18 PM
bbheli bbheli is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
I still think depth is #1 statistic. If you don't get them close you won't get many bites. Getting different lures to the same depth is even better to find out what they prefer. Very few lures are
rated with trolling or casting depth with any degree of accuracy. Even if you write that on the bait it is not very beneficial. Used to have to figure it out on your own. A big advantage to start out with is that if you follow the rules(line size and weights) Precision Trolling puts you in the drivers seat right off the bat. You have to organize the way you can understand, but start knowing what you need for a certain depth and go from there. Bob
Yes sir, I do have the app, its just my organization was a train wreck Sorting it out different now by depth ranges vs brands and making my graphic for the boxes for a quick reference more for inventory purpose now with some sizes depths and my notes. Its hard to remember what they all are and some don't even put the names on them and can't remember them all and lots of Rapalas just say Rapala on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	baits.png
Views:	52
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	323530  
__________________
2018 Lund 202 GL Pro V
Humminbird Helix G2 x 2
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old 01-13-2021, 09:53 PM
gbin's Avatar
gbin gbin is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: upstate NY (but MN in my heart!)
Posts: 930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
... Very few lures are rated with trolling or casting depth with any degree of accuracy...
Well, that's a point. I do have both apps now, too, which I think are a definite improvement in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
Yes sir, I do have the app, its just my organization was a train wreck Sorting it out different now by depth ranges vs brands and making my graphic for the boxes for a quick reference more for inventory purpose now with some sizes depths and my notes. Its hard to remember what they all are and some don't even put the names on them and can't remember them all and lots of Rapalas just say Rapala on it.
I think it's a pretty neat idea, bb!

Gerry
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-14-2021, 08:54 AM
REW REW is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: .
Posts: 37,913
Default

BB,
Incorrect question.

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

There is no such thing as a Waste of time.

Having said that, if you have an idea of labeling and sorting crank baits that appeal to you, go for it.

It makes 0 difference to you what others think about the idea. Your baits, your boat - your choice.

Have a wonderful day.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-14-2021, 11:48 AM
bbheli bbheli is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 763
Default

As I work through this project here is a great example. No name or markings on this ? Anyone that can tell me what it is and who makes it.

Thank You
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bait unknown.png
Views:	4
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	323532  
__________________
2018 Lund 202 GL Pro V
Humminbird Helix G2 x 2
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-14-2021, 12:13 PM
bbheli bbheli is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
BB,
Incorrect question.

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

There is no such thing as a Waste of time.

Having said that, if you have an idea of labeling and sorting crank baits that appeal to you, go for it.

It makes 0 difference to you what others think about the idea. Your baits, your boat - your choice.

Have a wonderful day.
Thanks for the great supportive words! You have a great and wonderful day also.
__________________
2018 Lund 202 GL Pro V
Humminbird Helix G2 x 2
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-14-2021, 12:19 PM
Grumps Grumps is offline
Slot Fish
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Central MN
Posts: 117
Default

My guess on the lure (if it was recently purchased) is a Lindy River Rocker or Heddon Tadpoly. These are the most recent iterations of a lure style that I think started out in the 60's.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-14-2021, 03:56 PM
KPKyllo's Avatar
KPKyllo KPKyllo is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northwest Minnesota
Posts: 2,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
As I work through this project here is a great example. No name or markings on this ? Anyone that can tell me what it is and who makes it.

Thank You
That's definitely a Lindy River Rocker. They're no longer made but they definitely catch walleyes.
Lindy made some great walleye cranks. The Lindy Shadling, Lindy Walleye Demon and the Lindy Rally Fish aren't made any longer either and they all caught fish. I still have a number of all of them.
__________________
Karry Kyllo
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-14-2021, 04:16 PM
bbheli bbheli is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPKyllo View Post
That's definitely a Lindy River Rocker. They're no longer made but they definitely catch walleyes.
Lindy made some great walleye cranks. The Lindy Shadling, Lindy Walleye Demon and the Lindy Rally Fish aren't made any longer either and they all caught fish. I still have a number of all of them.
Thanks for the feedback, I was getting ready to toss them and after another person posted Lindy I googled them and found discontinued and wondered why. Now I will give them a try.

Thx
__________________
2018 Lund 202 GL Pro V
Humminbird Helix G2 x 2
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-14-2021, 04:20 PM
kswalleyer kswalleyer is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
As I work through this project here is a great example. No name or markings on this ? Anyone that can tell me what it is and who makes it.

Thank You
what you have there is a certified walleye WHACKER! ID never throw out old baits in good shape like that, most fish alive havent seen em yet and never well...until you come along...
__________________
2019 Ranger 621 FS/Mercury 300 Pro XS/Mercury 15 EFI Kicker
2014 Ranger 119/Mercury 225 Pro XS Optimax
1996 Stratos 285 Pro XL/Johnson 150 Fast Strike
4 Rivers Refuge Runners/PPF Woodduck Mud Motors

Last edited by kswalleyer; 01-14-2021 at 04:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-14-2021, 04:29 PM
bbheli bbheli is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswalleyer View Post
what you have there is a certified walleye WHACKER! ID never throw out old baits in good shape like thatf, most fish alive havent seen em yet and never well...until you come along...
Awesome thank you, they are going to the top of the list to try!!!!!

Truly the benefit of this collaborative experience on this board!!!!
__________________
2018 Lund 202 GL Pro V
Humminbird Helix G2 x 2
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.