Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Is this a stupid idea and a waste of time - Picture Chart - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 01-13-2021, 08:18 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
I still think depth is #1 statistic. If you don't get them close you won't get many bites. Getting different lures to the same depth is even better to find out what they prefer. Very few lures are
rated with trolling or casting depth with any degree of accuracy. Even if you write that on the bait it is not very beneficial. Used to have to figure it out on your own. A big advantage to start out with is that if you follow the rules(line size and weights) Precision Trolling puts you in the drivers seat right off the bat. You have to organize the way you can understand, but start knowing what you need for a certain depth and go from there. Bob
Yes sir, I do have the app, its just my organization was a train wreck Sorting it out different now by depth ranges vs brands and making my graphic for the boxes for a quick reference more for inventory purpose now with some sizes depths and my notes. Its hard to remember what they all are and some don't even put the names on them and can't remember them all and lots of Rapalas just say Rapala on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	baits.png
Views:	52
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	323530  
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2021, 09:53 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
... Very few lures are rated with trolling or casting depth with any degree of accuracy...
Well, that's a point. I do have both apps now, too, which I think are a definite improvement in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
Yes sir, I do have the app, its just my organization was a train wreck Sorting it out different now by depth ranges vs brands and making my graphic for the boxes for a quick reference more for inventory purpose now with some sizes depths and my notes. Its hard to remember what they all are and some don't even put the names on them and can't remember them all and lots of Rapalas just say Rapala on it.
I think it's a pretty neat idea, bb!

Gerry
Old 01-14-2021, 08:54 AM
Charter Member

BB,
Incorrect question.

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

There is no such thing as a Waste of time.

Having said that, if you have an idea of labeling and sorting crank baits that appeal to you, go for it.

It makes 0 difference to you what others think about the idea. Your baits, your boat - your choice.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:48 AM
Wallhanger

As I work through this project here is a great example. No name or markings on this ? Anyone that can tell me what it is and who makes it.

Thank You
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bait unknown.png
Views:	4
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	323532  
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 01-14-2021, 12:13 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
BB,
Incorrect question.

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

There is no such thing as a Waste of time.

Having said that, if you have an idea of labeling and sorting crank baits that appeal to you, go for it.

It makes 0 difference to you what others think about the idea. Your baits, your boat - your choice.

Have a wonderful day.
Thanks for the great supportive words! You have a great and wonderful day also.
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 01-14-2021, 12:19 PM
Slot Fish

My guess on the lure (if it was recently purchased) is a Lindy River Rocker or Heddon Tadpoly. These are the most recent iterations of a lure style that I think started out in the 60's.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:56 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
As I work through this project here is a great example. No name or markings on this ? Anyone that can tell me what it is and who makes it.

Thank You
That's definitely a Lindy River Rocker. They're no longer made but they definitely catch walleyes.
Lindy made some great walleye cranks. The Lindy Shadling, Lindy Walleye Demon and the Lindy Rally Fish aren't made any longer either and they all caught fish. I still have a number of all of them.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:16 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPKyllo View Post
That's definitely a Lindy River Rocker. They're no longer made but they definitely catch walleyes.
Lindy made some great walleye cranks. The Lindy Shadling, Lindy Walleye Demon and the Lindy Rally Fish aren't made any longer either and they all caught fish. I still have a number of all of them.
Thanks for the feedback, I was getting ready to toss them and after another person posted Lindy I googled them and found discontinued and wondered why. Now I will give them a try.

Thx
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 01-14-2021, 04:20 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:

Thank You
what you have there is a certified walleye WHACKER! ID never throw out old baits in good shape like that, most fish alive havent seen em yet and never well...until you come along...
4 Rivers Refuge Runners/PPF Woodduck Mud Motors

Last edited by kswalleyer; 01-14-2021 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:29 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswalleyer View Post
what you have there is a certified walleye WHACKER! ID never throw out old baits in good shape like thatf, most fish alive havent seen em yet and never well...until you come along...
Awesome thank you, they are going to the top of the list to try!!!!!

Truly the benefit of this collaborative experience on this board!!!!
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes