Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Vessel View Mobile Keeps Disconnecting - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 04-04-2020, 07:53 PM
Minnow

Default Vessel View Mobile Keeps Disconnecting

Searched around and can’t find anything so hoping to get some help here. Just installed vessel view mobile on a never run mercury 200. Took the boat out yesterday for first time and the vessel view keeps disconnecting when the motor is running. Mounted the module on left side of motor in area away from heat per instructions. Thought the location should be fine but now not sure if that is the cause of disconnects. Works fine when the motor is off. Going to change the location and try again but wanted to see if anyone else had issues with disconnects.

Exact issue - will connect for less than 5 seconds and the says no connection and reconnects for a couple of seconds. Keeps doing that over and over.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2020, 05:19 PM
dweuler

I have same issue. mounted the module on the port side of the engine, near back. I guess I will try to move it closer to the front of the engine. Anyone had this issue? Thanks
Old 07-01-2020, 08:35 PM
Minnow

Talked to Mercury and they said to move the VV to the front starboard side of the motor. Took some massaging to get the wires around front and fit is tight but works great now. Haven’t had an issue since moving.