Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Delay times at International Falls - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 05-21-2018, 07:28 AM
Slot Fish

Have crossed at the Grand Portage/Pigeon River entrance into Canada numerous times and there's no guarantee you won't have an hour wait there sometimes. Depends of course on traffic and how many lanes they will open up...always a cr@p shoot. And Saturday going through Duluth with Grandma's Marathon is a hassle to go around the route as clearis mentioned.
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2018, 04:46 PM
Minnow

Thanks for all the information and input. I'll plan to go through International Falls. We'll probably get there around 1 pm., so hopefully no problem with much waiting.

I will also get the paperwork in order for my son so we don't have an issue. Thanks again.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:51 AM
Minnow

I go through I Falls at about that same date every year, headed to Minnitaki. We usually arrive at about noon. Usually have about an 30 mins to an hour wait at the border. Many trucks with boats.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Wallhanger

Default Friday night?

One way to beat the line at I Falls Saturday is to cross the border Friday if possible. If you plan ahead you can find a nice place to stay in FF. Good luck!
Old 06-08-2018, 07:20 PM
Keeper

Default International Falls

I can tell you that at 430 today the line was backed up over a mile east of the corner at International Falls. Been a long time since have driven that far East.

We chose to go eat and waste an hour. Got in line at 5:30 and line was not quite as long. Took about 30 minutes to get to the corner to turn north. Then just under 30 minutes from there. They were opening another lane as I went through customs so wait times after that may have improved.

We left MSP a little earlier then usual. Think will go back to normal time that puts us at the border at around 7pm.