Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Insight HD or Insight Pro (2013) - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 04-16-2013, 08:21 AM
Slot Fish

Default Insight HD or Insight Pro (2013)

I've purchased an Elite 7 HDI and for the life of me can't figure out if it makes more sense to buy the insight pro or insight HD lake map chip? I fish WI lakes 99% of the time with the Turtle Flambeau Flowage being the primary body of water. I don't have a problem spending the additional $50 for the HD card if there is an advantage but if not can find another way to spend it. Any feedback is appreciated!

Grinder

Last edited by Grinder1; 04-16-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 AM
Slot Fish

Default My bad?

I see a bunch of guys looked at my post but no one has answered. I think that means I either asked a good question or a dumb one From what I gather there are advantages to the HD card when used with Lowrance HDS style units for certain, I'm just not clear if that's the case with the Elite 7?
Thanks!

Grinder
Old 04-17-2013, 09:57 AM
unlogged nc

I might be wrong but my understanding is the Elite 7 HDI will not support the HD chip, jus the Pro.

I bought the Pro but have not used it yet. I have the same unit and going from memory believe my statement above is correct.

I called Reeds in Walker and that is where I purchased and obtained info.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Wallhanger

Default It will work

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlogged nc View Post
I might be wrong but my understanding is the Elite 7 HDI will not support the HD chip, jus the Pro.

I bought the Pro but have not used it yet. I have the same unit and going from memory believe my statement above is correct.

I called Reeds in Walker and that is where I purchased and obtained info.

Good luck!
I think either will work, the only difference (I think) is the HD adds High Definition Shaded relief.

Last edited by 1860Angler; 04-17-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Minnow

I also recently purchased the Elite 7, I bought the pro chip. I was very impressed with it on the bigger 2 or 3 lakes I fish but there was a dramatic drop in the quality of maps in the next level smaller lakes. Went from 1 ft intervals on the bigger lakes to 5 and 9 ft intervals on the other lakes i fish which are actually very popular and high profile lakes. That was my only disappointment with it.