Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New Boat, Lund? looking for insight - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-08-2019, 10:55 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sled_22 View Post
That's a fair point. I'll be sure to consider it when I go to the dealerships next weekend. A person thinks, "what difference could 9" make" but when thinking about the sq ft in surface area, it's quite a big difference. I also have it in my head to maximize the HP rating on the boat. I'll look into derating some of the impacts.

Do you have the new IPilot Link remote? is that easy to use and does it have more options for tracking as compared to the standard remote? I'm a little apprehensive about the complexity of the LINK remote. It's probably just a factor of my lack of experience with it.
It's too bad there's 28" of ice on the river still.... Man this itch is real.

I do not know if my remote is different than the 2019 but I can tell you it's simple to operate, actually using link is pretty simple too. I was on the fence about buying my TM with the link feature but a few of our fellow members here highly recommended it and I am glad I spent the extra money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2019, 11:39 AM
Wallhanger

I have the Lowrance and motorguide setup. For that I for sure want it hooked to my graph. It shows the trolling motor settings. Motorguide does not have a screen on the remote. If I bought minnkota with the ipilot link. I would also buy minnkotas mini remote. Their is enough times where I would not be using the advance features. I would rather have the mini remote around my neck. The ipilot link remote just seems so big. If your young the only big advantage to the auto deploy motor is trolling. Allot of times you want to troll with the waves. When you finish the trolling pass you can just press a button to raise the trolling motor up. Then use your main motor to reposition. If you do that allot raising the trolling motor up gets old. I sometimes just stay slow with the main motor and leave the trolling motor down.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
I don't have an issue with 2018 model or any of the other brands. I plan on looking at Lowe next Saturday. The one crumby thing about alumacraft is the local dealer I'm not too fond of. Personal preference but it is nice have a decent dealer.
I don't have a decent dealer for mirrocraft or polarcraft local but I would entertain a used boat of each. I haven't found either. I do want my boat to retain its resale valve so that's why I'd rather spend 2k more right away for retained resale valve 10 years down the road.
Where are you located? How far are you willing to travel?
BT terrova link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2019, 03:37 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Where are you located? How far are you willing to travel?

La crosse wi. 80 -100 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Terrova 80 I-pilot link
Old 03-08-2019, 04:08 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
La crosse wi. 80 -100 miles

Well at 100 radius you have really limited options.
If you are going to keep your boat 5+years what’s two days to save $2k-8k?

A two stroke but hey, half price and it looks like a sweet rig https://greenbay.craigslist.org/bod/...836764860.html
BT terrova link

Last edited by Boondock; 03-08-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:49 PM
Slot Fish

Default New Boat, Lund? looking for insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Well at 100 radius you have really limited options.
If you are going to keep your boat 5+years whatís two days to save $2k-8k?

A two stroke but hey, half price and it looks like a sweet rig https://greenbay.craigslist.org/bod/...836764860.html

That kind of boat scares me. I have enough projects sitting around the last thing I want to do is rebuild a 2smoke. Iím easy on motors now a days and feel like I dont want to inherit other peopleís abuse??? Maybe thatís just me but Iíve rebuilt far too many engines and after just putting a new transmission in my escape, Iím mechanicíed out for the year of 2019... tell me Iím crazy?

Terrova 80 I-pilot link
Old 03-08-2019, 06:41 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
That kind of boat scares me. I have enough projects sitting around the last thing I want to do is rebuild a 2smoke. Iím easy on motors now a days and feel like I dont want to inherit other peopleís abuse??? Maybe thatís just me but Iíve rebuilt far too many engines and after just putting a new transmission in my escape, Iím mechanicíed out for the year of 2019... tell me Iím crazy?

Youíre crazy but itís your money lol. Get a used boat checked by a good shop. That was just a example of a nice boat for a great price.
Check Facebook, Craigslist, the classifieds here, etc if you are even considering new. Sounds like you talked yourself into new already.
BT terrova link
Old 03-08-2019, 07:30 PM
Slot Fish

Haha. I am slightly. I appreciate all the ideas and considerations. Iím a mechanical engineer by trade so I have a different way of looking at things. I will probably keep an eye open on CL while looking for a boat. **** I might just buy a terrova and slap it on my dominator and call it good.

Terrova 80 I-pilot link
Old 03-10-2019, 09:39 PM
Minnow

2016 Lund Tyee 1900 with the Merc 150 here... Wasn't completely sold on the Merc at first, wanted yami or e-tec, but Lund and Marc are in bed, and offer discounts I couldn't turn down. Absolutely zero complaints. She'll run 50mph with just me, 45mph loaded. Oil changes & fuel filter changes are a breeze. Jumps out of the hole with a quickness. Very stable, and handles pretty well in snotty conditions. The ski pylon is fantastic, and the bow rider conversion to casting deck is clutch for hauling the kids around. Both live wells work flawlessly, and LED lighting throughout. I also opted for the 112 Terrova 36 volt TM w/ the 60" shaft, fantastic trolling motor. If you have any questions or want any pictures or what not don't hesitate to hit me up. Cheers!

oh, I think she was 36k out the door in 15. I did opt for some extras that others might not care for. Better speakers, better seats, had the lowrance graphs, the TM and a tandem axle galvanized trailer included in the total price. Took about 4 months...

Last edited by kveedub; 03-10-2019 at 09:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-11-2019, 10:36 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kveedub View Post
2016 Lund Tyee 1900 with the Merc 150 here... Wasn't completely sold on the Merc at first, wanted yami or e-tec, but Lund and Marc are in bed, and offer discounts I couldn't turn down. Absolutely zero complaints. She'll run 50mph with just me, 45mph loaded. Oil changes & fuel filter changes are a breeze. Jumps out of the hole with a quickness. Very stable, and handles pretty well in snotty conditions. The ski pylon is fantastic, and the bow rider conversion to casting deck is clutch for hauling the kids around. Both live wells work flawlessly, and LED lighting throughout. I also opted for the 112 Terrova 36 volt TM w/ the 60" shaft, fantastic trolling motor. If you have any questions or want any pictures or what not don't hesitate to hit me up. Cheers!

oh, I think she was 36k out the door in 15. I did opt for some extras that others might not care for. Better speakers, better seats, had the lowrance graphs, the TM and a tandem axle galvanized trailer included in the total price. Took about 4 months...

Do you remember what your boat was going to MSRP for? That's not a bad price that much boat. If someone told me 26 out the door for an adventure i'd probably sign on the dotted line.
I've been watching for used boat and used trolling motor just to change out on mine. Not much out there in my neck of the woods. I don't facebook so that limits me too. When I got check out three different dealers this weekend, maybe they have something used as well. I wouldn't mind buying a certified pre-owned especially with the right dealer looking it over.

Tags
lund , new boat buying