Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Echoing Lake Camp - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 08-03-2020, 08:39 PM
Minnow

Default Echoing Lake Camp

I am looking for some information concerning the 2020/21 season; I have tried to contact owner multiple times but to no avail have I received any response. Does anyone out there have a reservation for the 2020 or 2021 season and if yes, have you received any type of communication regarding future trip. I'd sincerely appreciate any sort of correspondence from this platform.

Thank you,

Sam Z.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2020, 09:29 PM
Wallhanger

I talked to them several times this year. They had to cancel the season due to Covid. I know they had 4 bookings that they lost so they were planning to operate. I was hoping to go the 3rd week in Sept but like everything else this season it fell apart.

I will PM the main operators cell number to you.

Brett
Old 08-04-2020, 09:36 AM
Wallhanger

Default Follow-Up

Greetings,

I have a good friend that scheduled a moose hunt through Echoing Lake. My friend found that communication with the owners/operators of this lodge was an absolute struggle - very long periods of silence. He eventually gave up on Echoing Lake and scheduled a trip through a different outfitter. It could be that the owners of Echoing Lake are best approached through certain modes of communication and not other modes.

Good luck in getting your trip set up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2020, 11:36 AM
Minnow

My then 13 year old son and I fished Echoing Lake a few years ago.

I believe the camp is owned by the Sachigo Nation. At that time, it was run by a guy named Shaun who was from the Dryden area (see Mike Borger video on Echoing for an interview with Shaun). Shaun was very difficult to communicate with and did not respond to emails, texts, etc. Nice guy and a good fisherman, but did not return emails and calls, did not make proper arrangements for float planes, and things like that.

As I understand it, he is no longer affiliated with the camp. He failed to show up for one of the trips my son and I did to the camp and he did not inform us in advance that he was not going to be there. We found out when we landed at the camp that he was a "no show." Very bad form and inconsiderate.

The camp and lake are beautiful. The logistics of dealing with the camp were very frustrating at times, and there is a fair bit of overpromising and under delivering associated with the amenities and features of the camp. My son and I do have some very fond memories of some really good fishing there however.

I hope that is helpful information.