Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Are you concerned fishing out of state right now?(Boneyard) - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 10-15-2020, 02:17 PM
Wallhanger

I did a long haul to Northern Minnesota during the July covid peak. once I got there I was very isolated and risk free. My concern was the long haul.

First, I never went into a restaurant the entire trip. During travel I plugged in a crock pot in my truck and enjoyed good home style food and avoided sit down restaurants. The hotels are giving packed bags for breakfast in lieu of sit down breakfast. Otherwise I used drive through fast food. I avoided public bathrooms as much as possible.

I cleaned surfaces at my hotels. Generally, hotels are experiencing a lot of vacancy so the risk of getting sick from lingering virus is small.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2020, 04:27 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Ozark Bob;6492080]I already stated I have not left town in 9 months. I stated my reasons, we all have to make that determination for themselves. My last post was to mention there are people who are not worried and some think "doing all the covid things" keeps them safe. It does not. It also does not protect others that contact the invulnerable. Bob[/QUOTE]

I am curious why you think that doing all the stuff suggested does not help. Social distance, masks, Sanitize, stay out of the bars and dine in food places and so on seem to go a long way in not going out of your way to exposure.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 10-15-2020, 06:19 PM
Keeper

just be careful. we bought a place up on rainy river and spent most of summer up there..just have to travel smart when going back and forth.we live in NE and its way worse down here than up there, didnt want to come home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2020, 09:15 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=bbheli;6492180]I am curious why you think that doing all the stuff suggested does not help. Social distance, masks, Sanitize, stay out of the bars and dine in food places and so on seem to go a long way in not going out of your way to exposure.[/QUOTE]It all helps, None of it guarantees anything. Masks are not effective to keep you from getting it only helps to keep someone else from getting yours. If you were 75,overweight,High blood pressure and on a drug that causes immune deficiency you might be more careful yourself. I am not locked in my basement! I live 1/4 mile from the marina where my boat is. I go whenever I feel like it. I get pickup service at walmart and walgreens. I can walk my quiet neighborhood with the dog. Get in the hot tub when I get sore. I am not exactly deprived here. Just being careful till we get a vaccine. For me the risk is not worth the reward. Bob
Old 10-16-2020, 03:23 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Ozark Bob;6492268]It all helps, None of it guarantees anything. Masks are not effective to keep you from getting it only helps to keep someone else from getting yours. If you were 75,overweight,High blood pressure and on a drug that causes immune deficiency you might be more careful yourself. I am not locked in my basement! I live 1/4 mile from the marina where my boat is. I go whenever I feel like it. I get pickup service at walmart and walgreens. I can walk my quiet neighborhood with the dog. Get in the hot tub when I get sore. I am not exactly deprived here. Just being careful till we get a vaccine. For me the risk is not worth the reward. Bob[/QUOTE]

Very prudent for someone at risk. Those of us who are smart and careful can do the things to protect ourselves and others. Trouble is, it appears that 1 in 3 people don't believe there's anything to be concerned about at all so they make no effort to keep themselves or anyone else safe. 300,000 Americans are dead who shouldn't be. And that's a lagging number, very likely by this time next year we'll find out that closer to 500,000 died for no good reason.

It's like wearing PFDs. I'm not worried I'm going to sink my boat, I'm worried about the idiots around me sinking my boat.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:25 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=kzoofisher;6492286]Very prudent for someone at risk. Those of us who are smart and careful can do the things to protect ourselves and others. Trouble is, it appears that [U]1 in 3 people don't believe there's anything to be concerned[/U] about at all so they make no effort to keep themselves or anyone else safe. [U]300,000 Americans are dead[/U] who shouldn't be. And that's a lagging number, very likely by this time next year we'll find out that closer to 500,000 died for no good reason.

It's like wearing PFDs. I'm not worried I'm going to sink my boat, I'm worried about the idiots around me sinking my boat.[/QUOTE]

huh?
Old 10-16-2020, 07:58 AM
Wallhanger

1 in 3 is based on the level of support those in denial of the current situation have. 300,000 is the excess deaths the CDC has reported this year.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:32 AM
Charter Member

I'm 72 y/o and am careful to a point. I'm not hiding under a rock, I intend to keep on enjoying living as best I can under these circumstances. I have an 85 y/o brother in a nursing home in the skilled nursing section. That's changing diapers etc. been there 2 years so far. Me personally? I'd take the covid and check out. I've had a good ride so far, I don't need the medical professions or nursing homes to squeak a few more years out for me.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:30 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Shellback;6492376]I'm 72 y/o and am careful to a point. I'm not hiding under a rock, I intend to keep on enjoying living as best I can under these circumstances. I have an 85 y/o brother in a nursing home in the skilled nursing section. That's changing diapers etc. been there 2 years so far. Me personally? I'd take the covid and check out. I've had a good ride so far, I don't need the medical professions or nursing homes to squeak a few more years out for me.[/QUOTE]I not in any hurry, but my experience there is someone involved who won't let go and it is not often the party in long term care. As someone in a western said" save the last _______ for yourself". JMO
Old 10-17-2020, 12:46 PM
Keeper

A month or two ago we went to Lake Winni in MN. No concern at all.