Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
elk hunting - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Big Game Hunting

Old 01-01-2007, 10:17 PM
anie

Default elk hunting

looking for a outfitter in montana for a guided elk hunt sept 2007 pack in type hunt(3guys), any help would be great. happy new year

anie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Unlogged T-Mac

Default RE: elk hunting

Try this:
www.montanaoutfitters.org

It is the official website for outfitters in Montana.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:11 PM
RDJ unlogged

Also might want to pick up a current issue of "Bugle" magazine put out by the RMEF. It has a classified section in the back that lists many outfitters from each state. It is a reputable magazine so should have high % of reputable outfitters. Just another resource option.

Good luck, RJ in Montana..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Walleye 710UL

The guys from Montana might chime in here with something more than I know but Jack Atcheson and Sons out of Butte Montana run a hunting consultant and booking service and are fairly well known nationwide. If you call/contact them, tell them about yourself, your hunt expectations, and what you want to spend. They will line up a hunt for you and there is no charge...their fees are paid by the guides they book you with and they know the state of Montana pretty well. Their website is www.atcheson.com

Unless you have a friend or other means of getting good inside information such as you are asking for, this is often times the best route to go. Sometimes these guys can line you up with a good cancelation hunt with a guide or outfitter that has had a hunt canceled but where the deposit has already been paid.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:45 PM
anie

THANKS FOR THE INFO, WILL CHECK THESE LEADS OUT, HOPEFULLY WILL LEAD TO A GREAT HUNT.

THANKS AGAIN ANIE
Old 01-09-2007, 04:38 PM
JW Kinder

Hello Anie,
I own and operate Cowboy Country Outfitters of Wyoming #BG291 and have a few guys I could lead you too. If interested send me an eamil at wyomingcowboy_us@yahoo.com. If you ever want to hunt Wyoming, I know a great outfitter that has had a bunch of success lately on 320-370 class bulls. Occassionaly I do have the 400 class but would take patience on your part. If there is anybody else looking at big game hunting out there email me at that address above.
J.W. Kinder
PRCA & PBR Rodeo Announcer
Cowboy Country Outfitters Of Wyoming BG291
"It's never too late to hunt the cowboy state"
Old 01-26-2007, 03:03 PM
mad dogg

if interested wyoming elk draws are coming due real soon (end of the month there due). has good bulls in both the limited and general areas. non-resident tag fee's are getting higher, but what state doesnt charge a good price for there tags??