Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Father and Son looking for someone to show us how to fish the Missippi for walleye - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Share A Seat

Old 08-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Minnow

Default Father and Son looking for someone to show us how to fish the Missippi for walleye

My 10 year old son and I have been rigging up the boat to be a serious walleye rig. We have just about everything but the know how. Looking for someone who is interested in teaching two fellas eager to learn.

Were in the Maquoketa area if your interested and want to fish Sabula, Bellevue, and Dubuque send me an email.

Last edited by n9bow; 08-24-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9bow View Post
my 10 year old son and i have been rigging up the boat to be a serious walleye rig. We have just about everything but the know how. Looking for someone who is interested in teaching two fellas eager to learn.

Were in the maquoketa area if your interested and want to fish sabula, bellevue, and dubuque send me an email.

iowa?
Old 08-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Minnow

Default Maquoketa IA

yes sorry.. Were in the Maquoketa Iowa area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Minnow

Quote:
yes sorry.. Were in the Maquoketa Iowa area
Bellevue & Clinton are great areas to learn. I am in Missouri, but if you call Charlie Sexton in Clinton, he has always tried to help newbeeies and I am sure he would give you some tips. Charlie took a near record 13lb ?oz at lock #13 10 or 12 years ago. He knows his way around and is always willing to share. If you can't find his phone # try Rudy's bait shop on N. 2nd street. Another person to try is Jason Archer also of Clinton. Tell both of them, Felix said hi.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Wallhanger

You need to join the mississippi walleye club he in Dubuque. You won't find a better way to learn the rigs and the river. It is a free membership your first year in the club. So no cost and everything to gain. Look us up on the web.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Minnow

im in dubuque too and the walleye club here is one of the ways to learn. just talk to some of the members and they should help you out. im still learning how and thats what i did and i cant wait to put it to some good use this summer.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Minnow

Default Thanks guys - if your interested in going out some time let us know

I plan on Joining its just getting the time to get up to the meetings.

I just picked up our Tuffy 1890 w 175 suzi. we have had her out on the Mississippi at Subula just before the ramps iced up.

Cant wait

Eric - N9BOW
Old 02-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
My 10 year old son and I have been rigging up the boat to be a serious walleye rig. We have just about everything but the know how. Looking for someone who is interested in teaching two fellas eager to learn.

Were in the Maquoketa area if your interested and want to fish Sabula, Bellevue, and Dubuque send me an email.
I have two tournaments this year to fish on the Big Muddy and would love to have you and your son hop on board my boat for pre-fishing. I have all the gear all you need to bring is your favorite jigging rods. Let me know if you are interested either by PM, Email or reply here.

My tournament dates are:

July 16, 17, 2011 (O) MS River, Pool 14 Only, Clinton, Iowa

and

Oct 22, Oct 23, 2011 Championship PDC, Mississippi River PDC pool only

I should be prefishing the weekend or the week before. Oh I live in Central Iowa in Prairie City.

David
Old 02-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Minnow

Default Thanks Dave

PM sent
Eric