Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Suggestions on Tonneau Covers - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 10-13-2021, 09:41 PM
Minnow

I purchased a hard top cover from www.diamondbackcovers.com , they have different styles to choose from, I was also concerned about my equipment being ripped off , itís water tight and lockable and it has a 400lb weight capacity for the SE style cover. Iím very satisfied with the purchase!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2021, 06:21 AM
Keeper

I have an Armor Flex from Undercover. Its a tri-fold hard cover with Line-X coating so no scratches. I've had it since March and so far so good. What I like about this one is it has 2 knobs on either side that you loosen to completely remove the cover. It also has straps to hold it if you want to drive with 1/2 the cover open. Also has props for full open in the up-right position - https://undercoverinfo.com/undercover-armorflex

These guys had by far the best price for Undercover products - https://tonneaucovered.com/

I was looking at the Leer HF650M. It's a quad fold cover that doesn't require drains. I ordered one through Radco at a 25% discount but after 16 weeks they couldn't provide me with a delivery date. Also Radco was about the worst customer experience I have ever had. I could never get any info on the status of the cover. No call backs, no emails, nothing.

Last edited by Common Man; 10-14-2021 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:21 AM

Skip the foldup units and go for a Truxedo. I've had 2, one for over 8 years, and it looked and performed as good as it did on day 1. On another note, I also put in Bedrugs which saved my knees many many times. They look good too.
Old 10-14-2021, 08:37 AM
Wallhanger

I used to have a truxedo. The Velcro started not sticking together after awhile. For an area that far north. I would look at the hard three or four piece folding covers. Way nicer getting the snow off of instead of the soft covers. You are not going to always have it inside when it is snowing. Same as any of the roll n lock type products in bigger snow areas. Think about trying to roll it up with ice and snow stuck on it. Also think about maybe just getting a regular truck cap. I went with a ARE brand on my Ford one ton. Unless you are going to be setting real tall stuff onto the back of the truck. The truck caps do have some nice advantages. Easier to pile more stuff in. Tall coolers fit easy. Should be more waterproof then any folding- rolling covers. As far as keeping dry luggage in back. Allot of the sides of newer trucks are two high to reach stuff in the bed anyways. As far as not having to crawl up to the front to grab something. That would be an advantage with the fold up covers. If you are tall enough to grab stuff from the sides. With a pickup truck and walleye type boat. You really just have to practice backing up the trailer with mirrors. Instead of looking threw the back window anyways.I do agree with 3m about the bedrugs are nice. On my one ton a have a piece of plywood in the bed. Nice if you are going to have a pallet set on at the store and slid in with a forklift. I would get a spray on bed liner either way. If you keep your trucks along time.

Last edited by Snowking; 10-14-2021 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:37 PM
Slot Fish

I have a Truxedo on my Ram. Love it.
2016 Ram CCLB Cummins
All metal all the time.
Old 10-15-2021, 04:41 AM
Wallhanger

I left Indiana in a snowstorm going to Florida. the snow changed to rain and rained most of the trip. the only water that got in the bed of my truck came in under the tailgate. the roll n lock kept everything dry. the roll n lock I have is made of aluminum with a black coating on it. it's made to last many yrs. mine is about 15 yrs old and has been through 3 different tailgates and still works. check out the roll n lock on the net or just google it. you can probably even watch videos on u-tube. they have many models and sizes to choose from. you can use it all the way open or it stops at several different places. if I was getting a new one it would be the roll n lock.

I bought mine from a truck accessory shop and had it installed by them.