Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Braid - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 10-14-2021, 06:30 AM
Keeper

Default Braid

Fireline Crystal or Nanofil, of the two, which do you guys prefer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2021, 09:43 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coho975 View Post
Fireline Crystal or Nanofil, of the two, which do you guys prefer?
Neither are conventional braid Nano is a hybrid but I prefer Fireline Crystal of the two, I fell for the Nanofil craze and hated it.
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 10-14-2021, 10:07 AM
Keeper

I prefer Fireline Crystal of the two, I fell for the Nanofil craze and hated it

I agree with this statement. I did the same thing. I have Fireline Crystal on all my spinning reels. I tried the Nanofil once due to all the hype but it sucked in my opinion.
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2021, 07:53 AM
Charter Member

Some years ago, I settled on Power Pro for braid and have found no reason to change. I normally use 10 lb yellow power pro for all of my fishing when fishing with braid.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:45 AM
Keeper

I also have pretty much settled on Power Pro, 8lb green. I still have fireline because I have a metric $h!7 ton of that yet but no longer put it on poles I intend to use frequently. It just gets fuzzy after a while.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:46 PM
Wallhanger

Nanofil no, sucked for me too.

Thereís been a lot of debates here on power pro/suffix/fireline/j braid... and Iíve come to believe that all of them are good, none head and shoulders above the rest, and each having some feature that makes it better for an individual user. For me thatís noise. I like the slightly quieter braids and that tips the scales.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:38 PM
Wallhanger

I know this was not your question but I have to give a shout out for Tuf-Line braid. I've used every line mentioned and then some and always come back to the Tuf-line. It is still as strong after three years as year 1 and rarely gets fuzzy.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:40 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoofisher View Post
Nanofil no, sucked for me too.

Thereís been a lot of debates here on power pro/suffix/fireline/j braid... and Iíve come to believe that all of them are good, none head and shoulders above the rest, and each having some feature that makes it better for an individual user. For me thatís noise. I like the slightly quieter braids and that tips the scales.
Are you using 8 carrier line? That is quieter but not as durable as 4 carrier lines.
Old 10-16-2021, 04:07 AM
Wallhanger

I don't mean to hijack your thread because I've never used the op's brands. I use power pro for trolling but like suffix for casting with my spinning reel. but has any of you guys tried the power pro super slick 8 or the 8v2 on a spinning reel?

i use nothing but 8 strands myself.
Old 10-16-2021, 07:03 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawman View Post
Are you using 8 carrier line? That is quieter but not as durable as 4 carrier lines.
Yeah, Iíve settled on 832 for casting and jbraid4 for my vertical rods. Iíll likely try the jbraid8 the next time I respool but you know how it is with braid, you just donít respool that often. Iím not going to respool a line that I like and is in good condition just to try another one. Like I said, noise is the tipping point for me and aside from the sound I have no problems with other brands. Can definitely see how other factors are more important to other people.