Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye boat brands...what am I missing?? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Charter Member

Guess I should add Tuffy, but your odds of finding a used Tuffy out there are slim and none. Again, a glass boat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelheadSlayer View Post
I'm been tourturing myself with shopping for a used walleye boat in the pacific northwest for the past couple of months. I'm not a rich man so I need a bargian but at the same time I'd like a little quality. I've gone through the discussions on what's good and what's bad. What will fall apart, etc. However I still keep looking at all brands of boats to see if I can find a good deal. I look at (in this order): Lund, Crestliner, Triton, Alumacraft, Starcraft, Lowe, G3, Smokercraft, Sylvan, Tracker, Fisher.
It's **** on wheels finding something that I really really want to go buy. By the time I make up my mind the good ones are usually gone.
Is there any hope??!!
I really have no idea what exists in the Northwest, but I know what you mean about a "quality" walleye boat. I also looked in the used market for a while. And after riding in way too many poor quality aluminum boats from all brands (in my opinion...of course) I decided to just go all out and get the Ranger 1850. 4 fishing seasons later...I still love it and haven't had 1 single moment of buyer's remorse.

Unfortunately, you can get cheap boats that certainly do the job....and you can get nice boats that cost more than you want and do the job in comfort. But you can't have your cake and eat it too...

Good luck!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:36 AM
grumppy

Default is this accepted??

outside advertising is not allowed on the boards

Last edited by pwrfshn; 01-25-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: outside advertising is not ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
It was more of a question about what brands I'm not including in my search. I do know that if I snooze I loose (only happened once so far...) Also I'm sure that there are some great deals in the classifieds on here I just have to get the seller to drive 1,500 miles to drop it off
Not an issue any more. Friend just bought a bassboat from Maine had it delivered to Wisconsin cost him $527.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Slot Fish

If it is a LUND.....buy it.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Wallhanger

Default Dont hesitate or I will buy that boat your looking at lol

I dont think nice and bargain go together. Real nice rigs like new ask good money for a reason. I did get mine for what I thought was bargain and spending all winter fixing it up and $$$$. North west guy's run North Rivers,Jetcrafts,Alumawelds I did see some sweet deals on North Rivers 150 new ones went to auction $13.500 got a new 17.5 with seats,top no motor turned out to be steal. I bet my boat I just sold for full price no less you would have salivated. Guess what it sold for 96 year. Dam after seeing these pictures I want her back! Im not hyping but I have skills YO. I also lost several boats to other buyers that's how it goes. I agree without pics of these boats it's blah keeps these posts more fun. My new boat is still in $$$$ mode I will include pic crestliner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0026.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	493.9 KB
ID:	7564   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0195.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	457.5 KB
ID:	7565  

Last edited by beeman; 01-26-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Keeper

Default you the man.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman View Post
I dont think nice and bargain go together. Real nice rigs like new ask good money for a reason. I did get mine for what I thought was bargain and spending all winter fixing it up and $$$$. North west guy's run North Rivers,Jetcrafts,Alumawelds I did see some sweet deals on North Rivers 150 new ones went to auction $13.500 got a new 17.5 with seats,top no motor turned out to be steal. I bet my boat I just sold for full price no less you would have salivated. Guess what it sold for 96 year. Dam after seeing these pictures I want her back!

All I see here is Blah, I don't mean to be rude but if your going to hype yourself up. Lets see your pics of the $$$$$ and time outcome.

To the OP know what you want and jump onit when you find it. I lost a boat last spring. I was trying to negotiate a price with out the electronics. The guy had another call come in put me on hold came back and said it sold.
I was going to buy the boat either way, but I never said it as I was trying to get a better price. My loss can't blame the seller I would have done the same.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Keeper

Buy an all welded deep V that is made in your neck of the woods and make it what you want. You will have a boat that is more durable than any cookie cutter boat made. I wish I had access to the type of boats made in your area when I bought my last one. Raider boats is one that comes to mind.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Wallhanger

Default Buying a boat

I bought a boat on this site last year about now. It was a hard to spend $21,000 on a boat that other than pictures and the good feeling I had about the seller. After many phone calls and emails, then I pulled the trigger. Work with the seller, he may meet you part way; It was 1100 miles from Leech Lake Minnesota, where I bought the boat from,to Corry Pa.
I had been looking for 5 years and actually had bought an other boat. I bought the boat of my dreams at a price I could afford and sold my other boat that I had bought 2 years earlier and refurbished. I sold my older boat in one day after I set it out in front of my house. Bottom line I new what I wanted and knew I would have to go out west to buy. (Minnesota is west to me) Also The seller who is on this board was kind enought to work with me on picking up boat. It's funny, I don't hardly look at any other boats any more since I bought what I wanted for years.

2010 Pro Guide with a 175 Opti Tiller! Thanks Dave

Paul
Old 01-29-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I'm been tourturing myself with shopping for a used walleye boat in the pacific northwest for the past couple of months. I'm not a rich man so I need a bargian but at the same time I'd like a little quality. I've gone through the discussions on what's good and what's bad. What will fall apart, etc. However I still keep looking at all brands of boats to see if I can find a good deal. I look at (in this order): Lund, Crestliner, Triton, Alumacraft, Starcraft, Lowe, G3, Smokercraft, Sylvan, Tracker, Fisher.
It's **** on wheels finding something that I really really want to go buy. By the time I make up my mind the good ones are usually gone.
Is there any hope??!!
You're missing the boat, so to speak, on narrowing down your choices. For the past couple of months you've been shopping but you haven't narrowed things down but instead are looking for more choices. Surely not all these boats are going to meet your needs and fishing style. You're hopeless. You might as well start out alphabetically.

Last edited by 3M TA3; 01-29-2011 at 10:17 AM.