Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
'RUDE awakening - Merc fighting back - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 12-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Wallhanger

Default RE: 'RUDE awakening - Merc fighting back

Ranger Owner,
I very seldom even see pros in SD unless I happen to be fishing while they are pre fishing for a tournament. Even then I don't really know if they are pros or just someone with a heck of a nice boat. I really don't care what anyone has on their boat. I think they are all quality outboards at this point in time. I haven't seen a Suzuki for years and large Hondas are rare arond here. I would have to drive at least 2 hours to buy anything but a Merc and I have been dealing with my dealer and his dad since I was 14 years old. That's 49 years. :o I just can't help myself. I have to give the pot a stir just for sh-ts and giggles. The ice fishing sucked today anyway. :cheers:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Ranger Owner

Every one has their own brand, and I honestly think they are all good products, or they wouldn't be in business right? I am glad you have enough ice to fish on, we are still working on that. Have a good one!
Old 12-03-2006, 10:20 PM
buddy522

csi=
consumer satisfaction index for outboard motors voted on by actual owners of the new motors includes all brands
the only outboard to win this award 3 years in a row Honda
seen the uscg boats the last two years 99%honda power soon to be 100%
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2006, 03:32 AM
Charter Member

Aren't you the same lunatic that was pumping up Tracker boats a couple years ago? I don't care to hear what kind of truck you're driving or trolling battery's or charging system you're using either. LOLOLOLOL. Gotcha!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:53 AM

Comparing Merc to Tracker?? Now that's just coolllddd!!!! LOLOLOL

Visit DOWNRIVER TACKLE in the Walleye Central Directory
[url]https://www.walleyecentral.com/wcdirectory/yellowresult.php?goal=Detail&ckey=47&primaryField=description&category=Bait+%26+Tackle%3A+Manufacturers&textToFind=[/url]
Old 12-04-2006, 08:13 AM
Wallhanger

Things do change. I am an old coot and I can remember when I was in Louisiana many years ago the USCG used Johnsons.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:48 AM
consumer talks

marketing is very interesting

for example - an infomercial showing ETEC's beating other engines in a drag race, when clearly the other engines aren't trimmed properly.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Juls_OH

Interesting...

How is it clear that they are not trimmed properly? What is your tell tale sign?

Juls
Old 12-04-2006, 10:22 AM
consumer talks

Look at the tops of the competitor engines during the hole shot, the Merc is quite obviously over-trimmed up rather than being tucked down. You've been on the water a long time, if you don't agree with me, I'd be shocked.

That said, anyone who buys engines based on informercials and leaflets should do better research. And as far as it all goes, there really aren't bad engines anymore except for rare failures, just creative marketing teams.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:13 AM
gifted

Actually, if you can tell when a motor is properly trimmed from a photo, you have a future of unlimited wealth. I would guess consulting fees would run into the millions??? What a gift!