Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 621 Rigging by Dan O's Marine (BoneYard) - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 06-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Slot Fish

Default Ranger 621 Rigging by Dan O's Marine (BoneYard)

I just felt the need to post some photos of the poor job of rigging that was done on my new 621 by Dan O's Marine. Back in January I proudly picked up my new boat from Dan O's. Later that day I was in the shed learning how to run my new electronics when I realized That there was no shoot thru hull transducer on the list of items on the menu which made me start searching for a Y cord for the 2 transducers. This is what I found. Notice there are no washers or backing plate to hold the unit in.
After spending a weekend fixing this and rerouting the wires through the proper tubes that they ran through the starboard side storage compartment, I then went to install the new I-Link system that had been on back order. ( no fault of theirs) When I removed the bow cover to do the wiring I found that they cut the hole to big to put the screws back in so they gobbed it up with black silicone to hold that screw in. The problems have been many and to long to list all but thought it was only fair to give warning. I can't say enough about the boat but not very pleased with the dealer.
Mark Nelson
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-03-09_09-18-40_382.jpg
Views:	1661
Size:	491.1 KB
ID:	41074   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-03-09_09-19-39_372.jpg
Views:	1594
Size:	449.2 KB
ID:	41082   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-03-09_10-47-54_301.jpg
Views:	1594
Size:	533.0 KB
ID:	41090  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Keeper

Wow thats crazy. Have you called the dealer to tell them of the issues you have found? That just blows my mind that they did that.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Slot Fish

I've called several times and made most repairs myself. It's at another dealer now having other issues repaired. Most of the problems have been Humminbird and dealer rigging issues. Hoping to be fishing this weekend. All I can say is really look a boat over thoroughly before signing the check. BUYER BEWARE!!!!
Mark Nelson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 09:44 PM
Wallhanger

I would be P.O.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Keeper

This is unbelievable that a dealership would do something so unprofessional!! I would say this deserves a phone call to Ranger boats to let them know. Man I would be PO!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:44 AM
Keeper

I've only bought 2 new boats, one in 1997 and one this year. I've had to work out the bugs by myself on both of them. It really makes you want to buy used or keep them forever. Very frustrating that a person drops such a huge amount of money and things aren't perfect.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:12 AM
Keeper

I would be on the phone with ranger right now!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Wallhanger

This is exactly why I will never let anyone touch any of my toys, boats, cars, bikes, etc. They all cut little corners in the name of getting the job done fast and getting paid. Im sure there are great dealers out there that do great work, but few and far between. Its not really hard to do any rigging in a boat, and most of us know more than ur average dealer with electronics and stuff, unless the dealer and employees are actually fisherman like us. I would call ranger and insist they replace the dash console section and u do it over and the right way, that isnt right on any level, especially after some serious bucks have been dropped. Ranger will step up Im sure
Old 06-27-2013, 07:24 AM
Wallhanger

I don't feel ranger should have to step up, I think Dan o's should have to order the parts that need to be replaced. They are at fault, they need to pay.

I would send Dan(owner?), shop manager and cc ranger a strong letter letting them know my concerns with pics
Old 06-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Wallhanger

Sorry to hear about your experience. Was there any particular reason that you did not have your electronics rigged at Ranger?

-Eli