Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
"Extra things" on a fly-in - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-04-2019, 11:54 AM
Minnow

Default "Extra things" on a fly-in

Anybody have a list of "extras" that they always bring on a fly-in" even though they might not be absolutely necessary? We always bring a stainless steel coffee pot (can't stand coffee from aluminum pots), folding plastic fish cleaning boards (can't imagine the bacteria on most fish cleaning stations), can opener(same reason),paper plates for quick lunch cleanup,and a stovetop deep fryer.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Wallhanger

Baby wipes, wet wipes, never leave home without them.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:11 PM
Wallhanger

Some items listed in here:
https://www.canadafishingguide.net/h...-fishing-trip/

of note:
fly swatter for boat (ankle biters!)
good sponge for bailing boat
something to hang lures from in the boat
emergency kit for boat (firestarter, lighter/waterproof matches, mylar blanket, candles etc.)
small tool kit (basic stuff, screwdriver, wrench, duct tape, electric tape, zip ties, screws)

I also like the single serving powdered drink mix. I often bring a new BBQ spatula as well, as the ones at camp are often missing or not very good (which I just leave behind).

Last edited by adempsey2.0; 03-04-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2019, 10:23 AM
Wallhanger

Foam seat pad for the boat

Seems like the seats always have the foam worn down

I like to bring along one of my closed foam hunting seats.

Alumacraft 175 Sport Limited package
Mercury 115 4 Stroke
Lowrance Elite 7
Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV
Minn Kota Terrova iPilot
Eagle Bunk Trailer
Old 03-08-2019, 08:09 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspencreek View Post
Baby wipes, wet wipes, never leave home without them.
This guy knows whats up, aint nobody want swamp *** bouncing around on a little swivel seat all day

We always buy two 12 inch TFal frying pans and bring them up with us. Camp pans besides cast iron are usually clapped out.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Wallhanger

An extra 20 pounds of onions,, cause you can never have too many.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jveri View Post
This guy knows whats up, aint nobody want swamp *** bouncing around on a little swivel seat all day

We always buy two 12 inch TFal frying pans and bring them up with us. Camp pans besides cast iron are usually clapped out.
This tells me you have no idea at all. 1) Your behind is dry before you can get your junk situated and your pants up. 2) if its good enough for your kids behind it's more than good enough for yours. 3) They are also good for cleaning your nasty hands and face before you dig into that sandwich. 4) They can be used for starting fires. 5) They can be used instead of the Clorox mixture. 6) They come in their own handy container. 7) What do you do when your TP gets wet? With these not a problem (I hear it rains once in a while up there) 8) The swamp ### you are referring too is you sweating "down there" 9) They do a way more effective job at getting the dirty work done.
Try it you'll like it.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:11 PM
Keeper

I like to take along a pair of jaw spreaders to make taking the hook out of them slimy old northern pike a little easier.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:42 PM
Keeper

If you wear/need "cheater" glasses like I need to see properly when tying knots, etc, BRING A BACK-UP pair. A back up pair is $5.

I don't know if a "back-up" locator is considered an "extra" thing, but on my last fly-in, the transducer for the HB Piranhamax 197c failed. Subsequently, one of the boats had no locator for 4 days and that was a significant blow. I will never be without a back-up locator again. Even if I never, ever need it.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:53 AM
Wallhanger

Default Extra things

Ok. Maybe because I am an older guy but I was resistant to using neck graiter. I started about 3-4 years ago wearing these things and they are awesome.

I can put on sunscreen in the am and wear the Graiter all day without having to reapply sunscreen constantly. They also work to cutdown on wind while you are underpower. When it is cold it cuts down on windburn / windchill.

I never thought I would wear these things but they are really pretty great and there are plenty of options in color / patterns so you can get a look that works for you.

B-