Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What irriates you? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 11-30-2018, 11:07 AM
holliswuzamember

Default What irriates you?

OK,OK,.. I know!,..Besides me and some of my inane posts. .But it seems that this time a year is probably the slowest activity on the board as it's kind of between seasons so here's one question that might stir some activity. So I'm fishing here ,...for any ones you can think of,..

I'm making a list of things that either irritate me or points of observations. It's partly serious and partly tongue-in-cheek and maybe a little bit humorous. Do you know Jerry Stiller is? He usually plays the same part of a irascible curmudgeon. He was the father of George Costanza on Seinfeld, and the father of the female lead on the King of Queens. He yelled and complained about just about everything. Well maybe I'm growing up to be like him.

So I'm creating a list of things that I plan on reading on my next birthday and also maybe just keeping a little booklet of irritants and observations from a fairly young curmudgeon.

I will say that not everybody will agree to some or even many of them and maybe some might even make you angry. The list is going to require a lot of editing,.. adding some and dropping some.
I guess I have over 70 of them now,..I'm open to any ones you can think of.

Some examples:
Going to a restaurant and having shrieking women nearby. That is, women who have explosive very loud laughter. I don't mind somebody having a good time but their shrill voices sometimes make you want to bite the tines off of your fork if you happen to be eating.(Yes I know some men can be pretty noisy too) but I think it's about 20 to 1 concerning women and the fact of their higher voices carry further) sorry to any women looking at this but I found that many women agree with me about,.. other women.

Loud boom box cars that have their music so loud it shakes your own car and that that person certainly can't hear a warning horn that you legally are required to have...or a siren of an ambulance or fire truck maybe going to try to help somebody, even save a life.

I used to pick up hitchhikers,.. these days I can't believe I picked up people I didn't know. Times have changed. But every time I go past one that I see in my mirror who is giving me very rude gestures and may hear them yelling/swearing at me,..I feel vindicated that I did the right thing.

I try not to go to fast food places much but when I do I wish what you get would look anything like the picture/poster hanging up on the walls of those places.

I recently saw a fairly well-dressed young person and I overheard him say "I ain't coming back here no more." I wonder where they went to school.

I like to know what's wrong with glass fuses especially the type S which you cannot exchange for other amp fuses...In my life I've had a couple of breaker fuses that failed to trip when overloaded but I don't think I've ever had a glass fail in that job. There seems to be some prejudice to them by building inspectors.

Today's a beautiful fall day but I don't understand why people have to have pictures of "me" standing in front of a bunch of pumpkins,. Me standing front of colorful trees, me standing front of flowers, I can understand taking pictures of these things but you have to be in every one of them?

At operas I don't understand why people laugh at things that are supposed to be funny but in a language they don't understand, even if there is a translation bar in front of the stage.

Never ever urinate on an electric fence.

There are two types of men who take their shirts off in the summer time, one is a person with a good physique and another that should probably leave their shirt on.

I sometimes get bills that look like junk mail,.. I think the reason they do this is they really do hope you don't pay your bill so they can ding you with late fees later because you thought they were junk mail and tossed them in the trash.

It seems no matter what store I go to someone is standing right in front of the spot that I need to pick up something no matter how obscure the thing is or how not busy the store is.

I live just down the street from a major Ivy league college. Each summer they have big classes of social workers who do their summer school requirements there. I know a number of the physical plant janitorial staff there and they tell me that in the few weeks that the social workers are there, they cause more trash and garbage that they see all year from the students. Interesting.

The old song "Duke of Earl" is very confusing to the British you can be a Duke or you can be an Earl but Duke overall doesn't make any sense.

I have a hard time give money to homeless guys with a sign saying that he needs money to live and buy something to eat but he seems always have a cigarette hanging from his lips when I see him. What is a pack of cigarettes cost today now? Seven to $11?

We have perfectly good sidewalks in our town yet why oh why do people still walk in the street or jogging the street.

Why do some guys think it's okay to spit on the sidewalk or wherever? If you have a tendency to feel you have to do this, how about buying some facial tissue? What are you doing during church and funerals services or if you are are on the bus, train, plane etc.

Just what is a Kukla? (Might know who Kukla Fran and Ollie was, all he was a Dragon)

If dandelions were very rare they would be considered beautiful.

People that are behind the speaker, usually a politician, who bobbles her head up and down in agreement every time a politician make a statement.

People do tag sales and never take down their posters from the polls and trees at the end of the day or the next day.

I saw her example the other day of someone making a turn using hand signals I wonder how many young people know just what those are.

Someone that has a bunch of stickers all over the car is probably someone I don't want to know or hang out with.

People who use a crosswalk and never lift their head up from reading their phone. I guess they think it's an entitlement that everybody's going to stop, but what if that person driving is doing the same, looking at their phone. That also goes for people who are not looking at their phones but look straight ahead and not acknowledging that a car might be bearing down on them, after all the law says you're supposed to stop for them and they are entitled that you do that I think we have to bring back the old phrases I learned in kindergarten to "stop look and listen before you cross the street", and the 70s TV ad Council saying that" you could be right, Dead right!

Every person that I've ever met that had a bunch of pens and pencils with a projector in their shirt pocket was an idiot.

I once watched the Jerry Springer show. I don't know who was worse the people on the stage, or the people in the audience

I never watch late night TV shows that are somewhat the clones of the old The Johnny Carson show anymore. Because I seldom have any idea who their guests are.

I once needed some computer issues resolved and the technician was able to remotely take over my computer and do whatever they wanted with it with just my say-so permission ,..it's amazing and scary they can do that.

Why do speakers give you so much longer laces then you can use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2018, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

wow, that's quite a long list. I probably couldn't remember that many.

What irritates me is people not parking within the lines of a parking stall. I get some stalls are too narrow for some bigger vehicles but what I'm talking about is going in at an angle not parallel to the lines.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:53 PM
Wallhanger

Inner thigh friction.

Mail-in rebates.

Breast reduction surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2018, 01:08 PM
Wallhanger

Yep, that's a pretty exhaustive list you've got there.

Here are a few more - yup all people issues:

People who arrive at the boat launch, park their vehicle right on the ramp and then begin to prep their boat for launch.

People who won't get over and allow you to merge onto the interstate.

People who are exiting the interstate at a cloverleaf intersection as you are entering, and rather than pull in behind you as you are accelerating to merge insist on getting in front of you and then slamming on their brakes.

Anyone cruising in the left 2 lanes of the interstate and going slower than the lanes of traffic to the right of them.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:09 PM
Keeper

Standing 6 deep in a checkout line at a convenience store behind "grandma" buying her lottery tickets. Only when i finally get checked out, their isn't anyone behind me.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:34 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=Mojo-NC;6264554]Yep, that's a pretty exhaustive list you've got there.

Here are a few more - yup all people issues:

People who arrive at the boat launch, park their vehicle right on the ramp and then begin to prep their boat for launch.

[B]People who won't get over and allow you to merge onto the interstate.[/B]

People who are exiting the interstate at a cloverleaf intersection as you are entering, and rather than pull in behind you as you are accelerating to merge insist on getting in front of you and then slamming on their brakes.

Anyone cruising in the left 2 lanes of the interstate and going slower than the lanes of traffic to the right of them.[/QUOTE]

The opposite of my pet peeve.
People who think motorists on the highway should move over or adjust speed for folks merging a highway. Those entering should yield to traffic. Why do people on an entrance ramp pace your speed until the end of the ramp, then give you the finger for not moving over? Either speed up and get in front of me to merge, or lay off and drop in behind me. I will make attempts for heavy trucks or vehicles with trailers that have poor acceleration to let them merge. But cars, not so much. Too many times I'm in the right lane on cruise control and I'll move over to let someone merge. Then that person just paces me in the right lane. The I'm holding up traffic who want to do 70 in a 55 zone. I then have to adjust my speed to pass them above the speed limit, or get out of cruise control to drop in behind them. If you are merging on to a highway you need to do the moving or adjusting. PS My opinion is that when there is normal traffic and merging vehicles have adequate time to adjust speed and enter the highway.

Last edited by Shellback; 11-30-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:59 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Shellback;6264562]The opposite of my pet peeve.
People who think motorists on the highway should move over or adjust speed for folks merging a highway. Those entering should yield to traffic. Why do people on an entrance ramp pace your speed until the end of the ramp, then give you the finger for not moving over? Either speed up and get in front of me to merge, or lay off and drop in behind me. I will make attempts for heavy trucks or vehicles with trailers that have poor acceleration to let them merge. But cars, not so much. Too many times I'm in the right lane on cruise control and I'll move over to let someone merge. Then that person just paces me in the right lane. The I'm holding up traffic who want to do 70 in a 55 zone. I then have to adjust my speed to pass them above the speed limit, or get out of cruise control to drop in behind them. If you are merging on to a highway you need to do the moving or adjusting. PS My opinion is that when there is normal traffic and merging vehicles have adequate time to adjust speed and enter the highway.[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t have said it any better! Thanks!
Old 11-30-2018, 02:41 PM
Wallhanger

every body and everything just irks me.

we was having a human relation class in the marine corps. the instructor asks if were prejudice. most said no then this one white guy said yes he hated blacks. then this black guy jumps up that had just said he wasnt and said he hated whites. then when it got to me I said I wasnt prejudice. the instructor said what made me feel I wasnt. I said I cant be because I hate everybody with the same passion. we all laughed and moved on.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:43 PM
Wallhanger

My pet peeves are about going out to a nice restaurant and doesn't necessarily apply to the local cafes. 1.Restaurants that play music so loud that you can't carry on a conversation. 2.Waiters who make a big deal about introducing themselves and telling you how they are going to take care of you. You don't have to call me "sir", but "you guys" doesn't cut when your dropping big bucks on a fancy dinner At a nice place.

andersaki
Old 11-30-2018, 03:25 PM
holliswuzamember

Great! some good ones,..

oh, I only did some on my list I have a lot more, here is a few more,...

Trust,... it's amazing how much we trust cars coming within a few feet of us on a busy high-speed highway. If for whatever reason we have to stop and get out of the car, how good it feels to get back into the car and shut the door even though were not really all that safe but somehow it feels so much more safe.

People who nose out into traffic when there's no chance of them getting to the other side and holding up a long line of traffic.

People who don't use turn signals.

People who wear those flip-flops where there is a stud between your big toe and second toe. When I have walked barefoot on my lawn and occasionally a dandelion will get stuck in that spot, I can't wait to remove it as a greatly irritates me but that's why I have a curmudgeons license.

I don't see the reason why I would use chopsticks.

Every time I see a couple over 40 walking hand-in-hand, I wonder what number new marriage this is.

Why is every news story now that comes on first, "breaking news?" I guess in the old days even before my time used to open up with the word "flash!"

Women who cry because they had a bad haircut, news,...it grows back! You're lucky if you have hair! A lot of men and some women don't. And you could have a dread disease or some other malady to really cry about. Says the curmudgeon.

It's amazing to me how many supermarkets and sometimes building supply places have tens of thousands of dollars worth of plants out and they dry out to a Crisp because nobody does the simple task of watering them.

One good thing about cell phones is you seldom see those guys driving around in cars with 11 different aerials and antennas sprouting from them. I think these might be the same guys that have the pocket protectors and all the pencils in their shirt pocket

Even the curmudgeon's heart softens when he sees a father walking with a small child hand-in-hand.

Never play cards or pool with somebody who's called by his first name ,..a major city. Think of Cincinnati kid, Minnesota fats etc.

Educated people who say ah instead of I. If Russian spies can learn to speak without a bit of accident you think that schools can teach people this.

People who will go through the quick outdoor coffee pickups in order long complex things for themselves and others then it's no longer quick for others.

When you're at a red light with the stop signal in you're and there is virtually no traffic and your car is the only car in the area and you can see 1/4 mile or more in each direction and someone comes up and hits the button to cross making you stop. If they only waited a second or two there would be no reason to do this

I can never understand why it takes so long for some people when they backup out of a parking space to then put it in forward gear.

How did clean shaven get started ,.this implies anybody with a beard or mustache isn't clean?

Why is it yessiree Bob or nosiree Bob, who was Bob and what does he have to do with anything. And why is being a little Dickens bad, I can't find any reference that Dickens was bad at any time during his life

When one door closes, open it back up, that's how doors work.

It's amazing that Taco Bell can make 20 different meals at the same six ingredients..

People who drive in the breakdown lane to get ahead in heavy traffic and then perhaps get stuck with people not allowing them back in along with a bunch of other people trying to do the same and an ambulance tries use the same tactic in order to get to an emergency. These people should probably have a picture taken on their license and being revoked with a heavy fine.

Sage advice, don't use the toilets that are on display at building supply stores they seem to frown on this.

I live in a pretty busy corner in a small city and if I stand out near that corner people especially car passengers, will stare at me or anyone else on the corner all the way around yet if you see the same people walking they will try not to make eye contact with you. I think people think that a car windows like an anonymous television screen

It seems to me now that most teenagers look all the same. I never thought that way when I was their age. Perhaps I've lost perception of the difference as a curmudgeon.

Okay Alfred Hitchcock movies are terribly boring,.. I think the reason why people think that they are not is because after a long boring time they have a big spike of activity which shocks you out of being bored of watching this.

When you're in school did you ever get threatened about things put on your permanent record? To my knowledge there is no such thing at least in the schools that I know teachers and principals that have retired and have told me this.