Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Welcome to IL, pay toll 1 mile,,,,, - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 01-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=MarkG;6277492]Actually not correct. Illinois Tollways are self funded via the tolls. No Fed or state tax revenue,not even fuel tax, go to them.
-[/QUOTE]

I find that hard to believe because they said the same for NYS Thruway (I-90) and we found out MUCH different......

But anyway, I worked with a guy named "Rodney" who was a GREAT but made me look Liberal compared to his spending habits..... :)

He figured out how to beat the NYS Thruway tolls and to this day I'm sure he still is....

He would travel from the Buffalo area to Syracuse about once a week on his day off.....since there was a few exits off the Thruway in the Buffalo area and the same held true for the Syracuse are he would do this............

Get on in the Thruway at exit 1 in the Buffalo area and get off at exit 35 in Syracuse........only when he got off at exit 35 he told them he lost his ticket he got at exit 1...........so he had to pay the most expensive amount per rules, but since it 1/2 in the system it just turned out great for Rodney................. the ticket he said he lost was in his glove compartment for the way home....yep on the way home he got off a exit #2 and that showed he owed only .15 cents.......and the next time to Syracuse he had his old ticket where he got off from exit 35 but this time he got off at exit 36 which was again .15 cents............so now he had the perfect set up to screw NYS till the day he no longer travels the NYS Thruway..........he was BRILLIANT ! ! !
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2019, 10:22 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Bobby Winds;6277548]..he was BRILLIANT ! ! ![/QUOTE]

He was a crook.

PjShorthorn :rock-on:
Old 01-11-2019, 06:00 AM
Wallhanger

just an FYI for those traveling thru the state.

Doesn’t everybody just travel thru Illinois?:exactly:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2019, 10:10 AM
Keeper

Illinois is the state of opportunity.

If you get the opportunity, get the he!! Out!!!
Old 01-11-2019, 10:54 AM
Wallhanger

FYI I hate taxes more than anyone, but a direct consumption tax like toll roads are the best kind IMO. Only those that use them pay for them, its not a burden to other taxpayers. Oklahoma sucks you can't get out of this state w/o a toll road hardly.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:04 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Ozark Bob;6277460]But they need the money! I lived there for 60 years. Tolls have come a long way. Bob[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the roads have not.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:38 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=MarkG;6277492]Actually not correct. Illinois Tollways are self funded via the tolls. No Fed or state tax revenue,not even fuel tax, go to them.
-[/QUOTE]

So you are saying when I travel the Interstate (I-90) that is self-funded with no help from the government? Umm....ok. :crazy: Makes no sense how Illinois gets away with this. I gladly travel through Illinois, however I may stop to give them a smelly deposit into their sewage system. That's all.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:45 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=ChuckD;6277904]So you are saying when I travel the Interstate (I-90) that is self-funded with no help from the government? Umm....ok. :crazy: Makes no sense how Illinois gets away with this. I gladly travel through Illinois, however I may stop to give them a smelly deposit into their sewage system. That's all.[/QUOTE]

[url]https://tollroadsnews.com/mailbag/illinois-tollway-board-approves-2018-budget/[/url]

Read the last paragraph.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:10 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=Scott C;6277830]FYI I hate taxes more than anyone, but a direct consumption tax like toll roads are the best kind IMO. Only those that use them pay for them, its not a burden to other taxpayers. Oklahoma sucks you can't get out of this state w/o a toll road hardly.[/QUOTE]

Public transportation should be self-funded too. Why should I help pay for bus, train or light rail if I'm not using it?

HRG
Old 01-11-2019, 02:10 PM
Wallhanger

Originally Posted by [B]ChuckD[/B] [URL="https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6277904#post6277904"][IMG]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG][/URL]
[I]So you are saying when I travel the Interstate (I-90) that is self-funded with no help from the government? Umm....ok. :crazy: Makes no sense how Illinois gets away with this. I gladly travel through Illinois, however I may stop to give them a smelly deposit into their sewage system. That's all.[/I]

[QUOTE=SGPopp;6277912][URL]https://tollroadsnews.com/mailbag/illinois-tollway-board-approves-2018-budget/[/URL]

Read the last paragraph.[/QUOTE]

I'll even help, for the non believers ..
From that link:

[B]About the Illinois Tollway[/B]
The Illinois Tollway is a user-fee system that receives no state or federal funds for maintenance and operations. The agency maintains and operates 294 miles of interstate tollways in 12 counties in Northern Illinois, including the Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88), the Veterans Memorial Tollway (I-355), the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90), the Tri-State Tollway (I-94/I-294/I-80) and the Illinois Route 390 Tollway.