Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Abamasagi Temporary Camping - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-30-2019, 05:40 PM
Keeper

Default Abamasagi Temporary Camping

Our group does a annual flyin to Abamasagi with TLO each yr. Been going into Aba for 12yrs now, always in June. Once in awhile we will run into a small group who boat in down river and setup camp on 1 of the islands. I believe you are obligated to buy a Ministry Camp-Fish permit and must boat in and boat out. My son who always goes with our flyin group is looking to do a boat in and camp and fish. Any info from anyone who has done this would help. I believe parking is a ways up the river that flows into Aba, hence youre boat down river. Any info on $ of the permit etc thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2019, 07:45 PM
Slot Fish

If you're Canadian, free crown land camping for 21 days, US people it's about $10 CDN per day, per guy

I think there was parking right at the river. The river ISN'T an easy run to the lake and back though that time of year.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:18 AM
Keeper

Thx Chris, i thought about the free-crown land camp fishing after i posted...makes sense. Yes the river coming down is wicked, esp in June. We will be doing our annual flyin in June so its not an issue. Mys on was thinking a july or august trip in and abit more hardcore. Either way, its a nasty trip from tht road-river access into the lake....we did it 1 yr many ago with Howard...UUUGGGHHH. The big question is, the trip back up river to your vehicles....and hoping there are still there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement