Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Contollking vs troll-master vs Itroll - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 02-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Minnow

Smile Contollking vs troll-master vs Itroll

Wanted to share info on a new product I just found out about, link to video at end. I'm getting ready to purchase and install some sort of remote throttle control for my Yamaha t8 kicker on my ranger. I have been doing a ton of research and reading on the available products on the market for this application. I have read many good and bad reviews on both troll master and con-troll king, I have never had either product myself so I can't give any personal feedback on reliability etc. So im not here attempting to bash anyones product. But from the number of people I have seen post with various problems, the most common one being seems to be is lack of waterproofness and operational issues, I have continued to look for other options. Last night I found a you tube video of a new product getting ready to be released first quarter of 2013 (now), after watching this video and the demonstration of it , it seems like a great product. I called and talked to the guy (Joel) who developed the product, he is an avid fisherman whose company has been in the electronics manufacturing business for some time. Anyway from what I have heard and seen so far this product has a lot of R&D behind it and seems like it should be a great product, but time will tell. I have my name on the list to get one shipped to me as soon as they are ready to ship, as to me it seems like a great product, there is going to be at least a 2 year warranty on the product according to Joel. The controller is waterproof and actually floats, and they actually show it frozen into a block of ice still working, that seems like a good testimonial to its waterproof properties to me. Once I get it installed and have a chance to get on the water and test it, I will post my review of it. It has a really cool software upgrade, which is called "hunt" mode, it alters the RPM'S automatically slightly both up and down at set intervals to help you really dial in what rpm/speed your getting the most action. It also has other options you can check out yourself. There product is priced very similar to the troll-master. I don't own one of the other brands, but I saw on there webpage they are actually letting a limited number of people trade in their old controllers for a discount on theirs, whether its working or not. I don't know how many they are going to do that for. I am really excited about this new product and can't wait to try it, I just wanted to share what my hours online reading in this long dreary winter has turned up which seems to be an exciting new product.. Check out the video if you want. I'll post back once I get a chance to test out the real Mccoy. Good luck fishing. link to video is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrjf9uffUmk

Last edited by bowhunter0_0; 02-13-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Wallhanger

I really like the looks of the iTroll, did he say when it would be available and what it will cost? I am going to give my new boat a try without it, but if it doesn't work as well as I'd like, I'll be springing for something like this, I hope the iTroll works as good as it looks, if it does it will blow the other two away.
MinnKota Terrova 80 w/iPilot Link
Humminbird Helix 10 G2N, 998HD Si, 959HD

Towed with: 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie CrewCab 6'4" Rambox 4x4.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Minnow

Smile

They are still working on some different motor configurations as I understood it, but it sounded like for some of them it will possibly be avail within a couple of weeks, although I didn't inquire about backlogs if any?, I have I think its an 2005 T8, and he thought that would be available within the next couple of weeks. If I remember right around $290.00 but don't quote me, I'm not sure of the exact $$ number? sorry, I agree it looks like a great product. Give him a call he was super nice to talk to and very informative. Thanks, I'll post more after I have a chance to use it later this spring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Minnow

Smile Pricing info

Follow up, I spoke with Joel today at Innova the maker of Itroll, I did get some clarification on pricing. What I was told is the base iTroll with Fit kit will be $290.00 similar price to trollmaster pro 2, but it also has the steering capability like the Pro 3 which is closer $400 I believe. But from what I see this product is also a lot more waterproof properties with additional features available. I found out the iHunt software upgrade if you want it, is $100.00, The Dual motor software upgrade is $50.00, but will need another it kit and servo, and possibly an interface box, second fit kit is around $65.00 the remote interface is around $30.00. Hope this info helps for anyone wishing to make comparisons and check it out.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Keeper

Anyone have more info on this itroll? I shot them an email, but havent heard back yet. What size is the control box (the part with the dial and buttons) I was going to get a TM pro2 but now Im leaning toward this. Hopefully I hear back soon.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Wallhanger

What I really wish for instead of using RPM for speed is have the speed run off of GPS, like the Terrova does in cruise control.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Keeper

Heres the reply that was sent to me by the makers of itroll. Just wanted to share it.

The control head clear enclosure is 4.4 inches wide by 3.25 tall by 1.4 high minus the knob. The height WITH the knob is just under two inches.

There is a power module (1.5 x1 x1.25) that is mounted near the battery. The control head plugs into the power module via a 15 foot cable. If you need this to be longer, you can plug in extension cables of 6, 15 or 25 feet. FYI –This module is totally sealed from water.

The servo control cables from the power module are 7 feet long. If you need these to be longer, we can make a special order box with longer cables.

We will have a fit kit to mount the servo to your motor.

Cost: Base iTroll with fit kit: $290.00 Hunt software upgrade: $100.00 Dual motor software upgrade: $50.00

Please note that the software upgrades are optional. Even without them, the base iTroll does a LOT more than any other unit. Built into every unit is a free trial of the Hunt upgrade so you can be 100% sure that you want to buy it.

Please email or call me if you have other questions.

Joel Toy
Old 05-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Minnow

Default Troll master

Troll master must have been bought out? I have a new Pro Kicker 9.9 and in two weeks I am going on my third one. They keep failing in the controller . I had the old one and never had any issues. Now I can't fish more than a few hours and the knob stops working. When I turn it DOWN it opens up to wide open?

Not sure how many more I want to try before changing to something else?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Minnow

Default Hunt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckjunkie194 View Post
Heres the reply that was sent to me by the makers of itroll. Just wanted to share it.

The control head clear enclosure is 4.4 inches wide by 3.25 tall by 1.4 high minus the knob. The height WITH the knob is just under two inches.

There is a power module (1.5 x1 x1.25) that is mounted near the battery. The control head plugs into the power module via a 15 foot cable. If you need this to be longer, you can plug in extension cables of 6, 15 or 25 feet. FYI –This module is totally sealed from water.

The servo control cables from the power module are 7 feet long. If you need these to be longer, we can make a special order box with longer cables.

We will have a fit kit to mount the servo to your motor.

Cost: Base iTroll with fit kit: $290.00 Hunt software upgrade: $100.00 Dual motor software upgrade: $50.00

Please note that the software upgrades are optional. Even without them, the base iTroll does a LOT more than any other unit. Built into every unit is a free trial of the Hunt upgrade so you can be 100% sure that you want to buy it.

Please email or call me if you have other questions.

Joel Toy
What is the hunt ?
Old 05-28-2013, 05:14 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette Runner View Post
What is the hunt ?
Stepped variation of throttle, it will automatically hit different areas in a programmed percentage(eg, vary between 20-30%, so 21.5 - 28.5 - 23.5 - 26.5, you get the idea) for a few minutes each to "search/hunt" the correct range for what the fish want.

It's on the video on the website.