Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Rock protection - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-17-2019, 04:59 PM
Minnow

I second Waxy’s recommendation....had to grind a hole in the winch area which was a bit of a PITA but one can see the level of protection provided.....also use the windshield cover sold by Cabela’s-the name escapes me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4D44A5FE-FFB3-4CC8-9C93-0DD6DBF3470B_1552863371918.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	308402   Click image for larger version

Name:	B3792D6A-59A9-4F9E-9D5B-18678EBCB2DB_1552863510297.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	308404  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2019, 06:46 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkerslayer View Post
My new glass boat is on order and should be here soon. I’m considering options for rock chip protection. What are opinions on a tow-tector vs the shield type protection? I have seen the flack-jaket up close. www.flackjaket.com It’s super slick but I’m not crazy about putting snaps in my rub rail. The tow-rector is easier and cheaper but I want to keep it as nice as I can. Thoughts?
Used the tow-tector on my last boat and helped with rock chips but think the trailer mounted options offer better protection. If using the tow-tector need to be cautious on adjusting it depending on load if you have a truck that squats a bit. Need to adjust with normal full box and not just the boat and trailer on so they don’t drag. Added a little delay for readjustment first long trip out. Going to give the Montana Rockguards a try this time seems really sturdy with good coverage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB981BF1-88E3-4C49-B64F-51F94C5DD2D5.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	308412  
Old 03-18-2019, 06:56 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterBoy82 View Post
In 2009, I purchased a "Bow Buddy" for my boat/trailer. I have never had anything different, so I can't make any comparisons to other options. But I do feel it does help. Pretty easy to off./put on. The mounting bracket stays on the trailer, the rest can be taken off. Stores easily when off. Website: https://www.trailer-rockguard.com/. I have tried to attach a .png that shows what it looks like, but I'm new at posting...so not sure if it came thru. My apologies if it didn't!
I've had one of these for 3 years on my Skeeter and liked it, no problems. When I bought new Ranger thought I'd try something more "heavy duty", big mistake. Make sure you can easily access the winch. I use the Bow Buddy again and the other one is on the shelf.