Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Camp suggestions - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 10-20-2019, 08:49 AM
Keeper

Default Camp suggestions

Looking for a drive in camp. We want walleye. That is all we fish for really. We like to cook for ourselves. We are looking for a lake that is not overly crowded. We also do not want a huge lake like lac seul or eagle lakes. too big for us. We have fished gullrock quite a bit but is getting very busy on that lake. We dont ind a drive and an adventure. Under 1000.00 preferably. The guys in the group do not want to "rough" it too much as some are getting on in years. Fishing quality is a high priority. thanks to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2019, 10:32 AM
Wallhanger

Normally I would be recommending Birch Dale Lodge on Eagle Lake, ww.birchdalelodge.com but you indicated you don't want a lake that big. If I was going to somewhere other than Eagle Lake I would look at Clarks Resorts, clarksresorts.com
Old 10-20-2019, 11:20 AM
Keeper

Default Peffleys on Lake Wabaskang

Its a boat in camp on the north end of Wabaskang. Parking and pick up in a camp boat at south end near Perrault Falls. The lake is made up of five sections connected be a narrows. We take our own boats but Peffleys are good. The camp is modern with electric, gas etc in all cabins. It is all housekeeping. There is a easy portage into Wine Lake and a hike in catch and release lake with a 100 fish per day common. Check out Peffleys Canadian Wilderness Camp website. Cost is under what you are looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2019, 12:03 PM
Slot Fish

Berthelot Lake Lodge in Quebec seems like it might meet your criteria. I’ve never been there, but it’s on my radar.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:14 PM
Wallhanger

I agree with narda.check out
www.clarksresorts.com
They have 2 drive inns.both real nice camps and both have good walleye fishing.
Great equipment free bottled water and free minnows all week.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:59 AM
Slot Fish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
I agree with narda.check out
www.clarksresorts.com
They have 2 drive inns.both real nice camps and both have good walleye fishing.
Great equipment free bottled water and free minnows all week.
Don"t forget the free ice. I have been going for the last 22 years.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:45 AM
Wallhanger

Right.lol.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:04 AM
Keeper

Gawleys parkview camp- Wabaskang lake. Cedar point resort- cedar lake. For smaller lake and drive to resorts. Both not far from Dutchies store if you forget something or need more booze.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:58 AM
Wallhanger

I understand the reluctance of some people not to want to fish a "Big" lake like Eagle, LS or LOW, but in reality you only fish a small section of the lake when you are there. I fish LS and basically fish where I'm comfortable depending on the weather and how far I feel I want to travel for the day. Yes, there is some open water but on LS I've never felt it was too big, and just don't go to certain areas when the wind is a problem. The best part is, on a larger lake you have more spots to fish and can get out of the wind.
Every year we are up there we explore new areas always on the lookout for my next new "hot spot" or new spot to go when the conditions are right and even when they are not.

To the OP, don't be afraid to expand your horizons and limit yourselves.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:40 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspencreek View Post
I understand the reluctance of some people not to want to fish a "Big" lake like Eagle, LS or LOW, but in reality you only fish a small section of the lake when you are there. I fish LS and basically fish where I'm comfortable depending on the weather and how far I feel I want to travel for the day. Yes, there is some open water but on LS I've never felt it was too big, and just don't go to certain areas when the wind is a problem. The best part is, on a larger lake you have more spots to fish and can get out of the wind.
Every year we are up there we explore new areas always on the lookout for my next new "hot spot" or new spot to go when the conditions are right and even when they are not.

To the OP, don't be afraid to expand your horizons and limit yourselves.
I agree Aspencreek! I've been going to the Sioux Lookout area for 27 years now, usually two or three times a year. If the weather is really bad I'll stay in and fish Abram, Minnitaki or Pelican Lakes. On LS you can catch fish from the dock at Deception or take a boat ride as long as about 70 miles if you want to. There's lots of options and spots to fish on LS.