Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Crestliner bilge pump question - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-24-2019, 09:15 AM
Minnow

Default Crestliner bilge pump question

I have a 98 crestliner sportfish, on the Bilge pump switch it shows, INT, ON, BOTH. I only get water to pump out when I switch it to both what does both mean???

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2019, 09:40 AM
Wallhanger

The "on" should be for your manual bilge pump only (which appears to be not working). Both would indicate you have two bilge pumps - auto and manual. The "Both" setting turns on both the manual and auto pumps together. So the auto bilge appears to be working in the "both" position - turned on manually (another question is does the float switch work for the auto pump). Check the wire for power to the manually switched pump when you are in the "on" position. If there is power to the pump, then it may need a new pump. If there is no power check the switch operation. Most of the pumps are just cartridge type pumps that can be swapped out very easily and cheaply without disconnecting any hoses. Check UTube for videos.

Marty