Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Northwestern Ontario Outfitters - Page 10 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-03-2021, 07:53 AM
Minnow

Default Link to article on task force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookhunter135 View Post
Does anyone know when this “border task force” is supposed to report in March. My understanding is that’s when they were supposed to make a recommendation on the structure of the reopening
Here is a link that says border task force recommendation coming in March.

https://www.adirondackdailyenterpris...ybe-in-spring/

The people on the committee are former politicians. It’s unlikely any current politician will stake their approval rating on a recommendation from former politicians. Epidemiologists in both countries seem to have strong influence and they’re recommending slow resumption back to normal.

Sadly I’m in the camp as most of you..believing my 3 trips from last year will be rescheduled for 2022.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2021, 10:56 AM
Keeper

Vaccine rollout here in Canada has been fairly abysmal for a variety of reasons. Not having domestic vaccine production has been a huge problem.

Until a certain proportion of our population is vaccinated, I don't see any scientist recommending we open up borders to non-essential travel.

There is also the issue with variants. Current modeling does not look good for keeping these under control. So, I imagine the outcome of that will also impact the bordering opening due to the lower efficacy of the vaccines against these variants.

Hopefully that will change soon, but I wouldn't count on it.