Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Has anyone received there Solix G3 ? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 02-25-2021, 05:26 PM
Keeper

Default Has anyone received there Solix G3 ?

I know many suppliers took money down on a pre order for the new Humminbird Solix G3, but has anyone actually received one ? I called Humminbird today and they said they are currently shipping out the G3’s but all the dealers I contacted have not received the units they ordered for there inventory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2021, 06:54 AM
Wallhanger

I saw a message in a Humminbird group that RMP had shipped one guys Solix G3 this week.

Instagram: @harderoutdoors
Old 02-26-2021, 08:52 AM
Wallhanger

BBC had reports of people finding them at BPS.(2 or 3 in stock) It sounds like they will start to show up at stores and dealers soon. Note that store did not show inventory, but a savy shopper saw it behind the counter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2021, 02:28 PM
Wallhanger

Default I saw one

I saw one yesterday at my dealership. It was a 12" G3 Solix. so they must be shipping. I was told he ordered it from a supplier and did not get it on any special program.

He was hooking it up while I was there. I get to go play with it tommorrow! I want to see if I can tell any significant difference in boot up speed.
Old 02-26-2021, 02:42 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK View Post
I saw one yesterday at my dealership. It was a 12" G3 Solix. so they must be shipping. I was told he ordered it from a supplier and did not get it on any special program.

He was hooking it up while I was there. I get to go play with it tommorrow! I want to see if I can tell any significant difference in boot up speed.
Please let us know if it seems faster. Bob
Old 02-26-2021, 03:12 PM
Keeper

Yes, yes , please let us know how fast it boots up and acquires.
Old 02-27-2021, 05:49 AM
Minnow

Default MyGreenoutdoors order

I ordered 2 Solix units from MGO and have not received them yet nor heard from them. I have tried calling several times and no one answers. (I've left a msg) Yesterday I sent an email, hopefully I'll hear from them next week as to the status of my order. I will update as soon as I find out.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:16 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookjaw View Post
Yes, yes , please let us know how fast it boots up and acquires.

There is a YouTube video (HB Solix 15 first look) that starts out on the boot up time from 4 years ago (March of 17) that timed it at 1.5 minutes. it will be interesting to see if they were able to speed that up a bit.

Was that the first year of Solix?

I've had 2 Helix units since my boat was new in 17 and hated all the hoops you had to jump through to get into the menu. Like switching active screens, sensitivity/contrast, and only having 3 favorite screens. I sent HB a email suggesting a A/B switch for the 3 Fav. screens to make it a 6 Fav. screen unit. No response heard. I ordered 2 Solix this year, can't wait!
Old 02-27-2021, 09:54 AM
Keeper

My Solix 3 came yesterday. They are shipping now.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:35 PM
Wallhanger

Default Here Is What I Found Out

So I had a chance to play a bit with a new Solix 12 G3 today. It was inside a building and only hooked to power. It was only running on simulator mode. It had no map cards and was not networked with anything else.

So, I don't know if it was actually acquiring GPS or not? There was enough people around that I could not get a real good chance to check everything out.

I was able to shut it down and then start it twice. I brought my stopwatch and timed the start-up each time. I started the stopwatch when the power button was pressed and stopped the the time when the window came up asking if we wanted to run "simulator" mode. That is the best I could do for now.

The first time it took just over 58 seconds to that point. The second time it took 1:18.

It has been since last October since I turned mine on (hard water here) and I have mine networked and have a map card. So I don't know for sure how much difference there is in start up time. My feeling is that it is quicker, but I need to do some more testing.

I talked with the owner and I should be able to test it on his boat (not in the water) sometime in the next couple of weeks. If I do, I will report back.