Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lake Erie Hair Jigs - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 02-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Steve B

Default RE: Lake Erie Hair Jigs

The ones you buy at the local tackle stores are hard to beat at around $1.29 each. They will have a stinger hook already attached, which is a must. Eight out of ten of your fish will be caught on the stinger.

I was surprised at how little bucktail they have on them. But they work like a charm.

Click on the link above, and you can see what they look like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Steve B

Forgot to add some colors for you. Last year, purple was the color to use. Actually, purple with a few sprigs of chartreuse was the hot color. Also caught a few on chartreuse with red.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Slot Fish

You might want to try tying them youself. I'ts very easy and you can try new colors and the amount of hair on the jig. Increasing the amount of hair will slow the jig down on the fall.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:32 PM
High Tied Jigs

If you are still looking for hair jigs i make them in close to 100 color combinations and, I am always willing to custom make colors. My prices are right and the quality is great. I don't have a web site yet, i hope to have one by mid summer. If you or anyone is interested in my jigs, send me an email at [email protected] Good Fishin Kent
Old 02-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Wallhanger

Hutch's tackle at www.riverwalleyes.com
will make any size or color jig that you want, and they too are priced right. He's been making them for a long time, and they are good quality stuff, and more importantly, they catch fish. Good luck
Old 02-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Buckeyerodmaker

Hi there Baron, this is Bob from Happy Hooker Bait and Tackle. Dave has some of my hair jigs if you give him a call he would be glad to sell you some. If you can't get a hold of him you can contact me for ordering some lures before the season opens. Jann's Netcraft are also handling them in their colors. I have five basic colors and 11 specaility colors I make for other fisherman. You can contact me at [email protected] or call me on the phone, 419-334-2345 home and my cell is 419-307-1430. If you have any questions please call me or email for pricing. Good Luck fishing.
Buckeyerodmaker
Bob
Old 02-28-2007, 12:32 AM
Minnow

I make round head and flat head bucktail jigs in a lot of sizes and do make "custom" color combinations that you want. They all have a red stinger hook installed also n dirrerent sizes from #10-#6
and prices are good also e-mail me at [email protected] for a quote.
"Juny Jigs & Lures"