Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Want to take my son fall turkey hunting - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Small Game and Birds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Keeper

Default Want to take my son fall turkey hunting

After 30+ years of hunting the same farm, the newest owner has other plans for the property. I no longer have access to the ground. I have a 10 y.o. son who will be taking the hunter safety course in a few weeks, I'd like to take him on a fall turkey hunt. I just started looking, I would really enjoy seeing him have a chance at a bird! I looked at one place on-line $1,500 for three days(for one), kids are 1/2 price with a paying adult ($2,200-2,300 total for both of us). I'd rather take my entire family on vacation for a week if I had that type of money! Any recommendations on an operation to go to. I expect to have to pay for the experience but, not thousands of dollars. I live in Illinois & would prefer to hunt within my home state to keep expenses down. Any advice/recommendations are appreciated!