Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2075 Pro V tiller Prop Advice - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 08-29-2019, 10:17 PM
Keeper

Hey, I will say when you ask for help you get it here. Thank you. It is looking like the tempest 19” is the best and proven prop for the guys running this boat. the bravo LT 19” prop is very intriguing for this hull for the bow down stern up characteristics For the guys running the tempest on the 200, do you think it will spin the extra .625” diameter and extra blade or is it biting off more than it could chew.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2019, 07:09 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ches View Post
I feel for you. I have a 150 verado on a 2010 pro guide. I spun a 19P Tempest Plus at 47 MPH/5800RPM last fall. I went from 4 group 27's to 5 group 31 AGM, raised engine to third hole, and got a Simons tune last winter. This year, same prop, I am at 6450+ rpm and 45 mph. I have a 19P REV 4 in the mail, hope that fixes it. I plan on doing WOT and 0-30 speeds on my Enertia, Tempest and Rev 4 in a week or two. The tune made this motor come alive but I think the height may be just too much for the Tempest, but should be good for the REV 4. Only testing will tell.
Ches.
I did get out to test the Rev 4. Rear livewell full, 1/2 tank of gas. All 19P props and at 6500 rpm back to back testing. Tempest Plus - 48 mph, Enertia - 47 mph, Rev4 - 52 mph. All three props gave me good hole shots. I tried to time 0-20 MPH times with motor trimmed all the way down, but running a tiller, trying to hit the buttons on my watch and GPS reaction times did not work out. One second I was at 18 mph, next reading 24 mph. All times were about 5-6 seconds. I didn't want to trim during that testing just to keep one variable out. So, I don't have the same boat, but this might give you an indication. Tempest used to be my go to prop, now it's the Rev 4.
Good luck.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:03 PM
Keeper

Hey Ches. Thanks for the report. Those are great numbers you are getting out of that motor. You have to be feeling good about your set up. With your help and some of the other comments I am going to pick up a rev4 19 and give it a run. I was thinking bravo lt 19but that 15.25 diameter might just be too much. Again thanks for the help.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:21 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael W View Post
I will check the specs on prop and hole height, and also film a quick YouTube video while we are up north this weekend for Labor Day. If I have time I might test out a couple spare props I have as well, including a Rev4.

Here's the video as promised.
It's doing everything I could hope, and I've got a lot of weight in the back. Performance was the same with a full or empty rear livewell.

Mercury Verado
2nd hole from top (2nd deepest)
Tempest Plus 19p with small vent plug opening

44mph at 5000rpm, 49mph at 6100/WOT
Gets on and off plane great.

https://youtu.be/ojwAL_fWEF8
Old 09-07-2019, 03:27 PM
Wallhanger

Micheal after all the years of glass boats how do you like the Lund?
Old 09-07-2019, 04:46 PM
Slot Fish

Gapr,
Ches and Michael's numbers are for a Pro Guide which is 390 pounds lighter than a Pro V.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:13 PM
Keeper

Hello doug1542, your post earlier in the thread put me onto the bravo LT 19, I do realize that these were pro guide boats quite a few pounds lighter than mine plus I carry a few more pounds on the seat than these guys but Michael has that kicker hanging at the back and he pops on plane. You have run the trophy plus (great prop parting with it soon) and know it does not work. I agree with your comments on 4 blade. It won’t be back to my boat for at least 2 weeks I just have to get off my wallet and try something.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:06 PM
Keeper

gapr
Remember, motor height has a lot to do with performance. My Tempest Plus ran better on my boat in the second hole, fell flat when I went to 3rd hole. Rev 4 seams to run good in 3rd hole, but I never tested it in second hole ( don't want to pay just to find out). Blades on Rev 4 are the same as a Tempest Plus, just one extra. Bravo blades are different. Never tried a Bravo FS, would like to but not at the cost of buying a new one. I want to buy a 20 P Rev 4. I could have DAH modify my Rev 4 to loose some RPM. My rev limiter is set at 6700, but I never want to run there. My boat was still climbing at 6500 rpm, wish I knew where it stopped so I could figure out how much more prop I really need. Currently I can just guess.

Tags
pro v , prop , tiller