Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 620VS - need new battery compartment hatch - DIY? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-30-2019, 01:08 PM
unchained unchained is offline
Keeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 208
Default Ranger 620VS - need new battery compartment hatch - DIY?

The in floor battery compartment hatch/door on my 2006 Ranger 620VS is quite soft and the lock has now come loose. Just wondering if anyone has replaced theirs or if they DIY'd a new one? Doesn't seem to intense but if there's an easy way, I'm all ears.

Thanks

p.s. Ranger wanted around $300 for it I believe...seemed a smidge high.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 08-31-2019, 02:31 AM
S.Larson S.Larson is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 2,205
Default

I'd order it from Ranger and call it a day,..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-31-2019, 04:02 AM
REW REW is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: .
Posts: 36,100
Default

Inchained,

For a similar situation, I just purchased a 1/2 inch plastic cutting board of a size to be able to fit on the udnerside of the door. Then, used about 6 stainless sheet metal screws drilled through the current hatch into the cutting board to reinforce the door and called it a day. Perfect - nice and sturdy, not conductive, needs no finishing and is long lived.

=================
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Commercial-...hsFcpM9G2teaBw

p.s.
When you order the boar, order an extra one and you will have the perfect fish cleaning and food prep board. Nothing better for doing any sort of kitchen knife work. This is a nice sized board and stiff enough to take care of your cutting chores.

Take care
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 08-31-2019, 09:50 AM
S.Larson S.Larson is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 2,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Inchained,

For a similar situation, I just purchased a 1/2 inch plastic cutting board of a size to be able to fit on the udnerside of the door. Then, used about 6 stainless sheet metal screws drilled through the current hatch into the cutting board to reinforce the door and called it a day. Perfect - nice and sturdy, not conductive, needs no finishing and is long lived.

=================
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Commercial-...hsFcpM9G2teaBw

p.s.
When you order the boar, order an extra one and you will have the perfect fish cleaning and food prep board. Nothing better for doing any sort of kitchen knife work. This is a nice sized board and stiff enough to take care of your cutting chores.

Take care

Sure,....


toss in a chuck of plastic and screw it down,...And watch your resale value on a Ranger take a hit,.......


No way would I consider buying a Ranger with a sloppy fix like that,...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-16-2019, 09:02 AM
unchained unchained is offline
Keeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Larson View Post
Sure,....


toss in a chuck of plastic and screw it down,...And watch your resale value on a Ranger take a hit,.......


No way would I consider buying a Ranger with a sloppy fix like that,...
You really think resale value of a used boat will take a hit because someone DIY'd a hatch cover?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-16-2019, 08:32 PM
S.Larson S.Larson is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 2,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained View Post
You really think resale value of a used boat will take a hit because someone DIY'd a hatch cover?



Yes...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.