Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 620VS - need new battery compartment hatch - DIY? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-30-2019, 01:08 PM
Keeper

Default Ranger 620VS - need new battery compartment hatch - DIY?

The in floor battery compartment hatch/door on my 2006 Ranger 620VS is quite soft and the lock has now come loose. Just wondering if anyone has replaced theirs or if they DIY'd a new one? Doesn't seem to intense but if there's an easy way, I'm all ears.

Thanks

p.s. Ranger wanted around $300 for it I believe...seemed a smidge high.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2019, 02:31 AM
Wallhanger

I'd order it from Ranger and call it a day,..
Old 08-31-2019, 04:02 AM
Charter Member

Inchained,

For a similar situation, I just purchased a 1/2 inch plastic cutting board of a size to be able to fit on the udnerside of the door. Then, used about 6 stainless sheet metal screws drilled through the current hatch into the cutting board to reinforce the door and called it a day. Perfect - nice and sturdy, not conductive, needs no finishing and is long lived.

=================
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Commercial-...hsFcpM9G2teaBw

p.s.
When you order the boar, order an extra one and you will have the perfect fish cleaning and food prep board. Nothing better for doing any sort of kitchen knife work. This is a nice sized board and stiff enough to take care of your cutting chores.

Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2019, 09:50 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Inchained,

For a similar situation, I just purchased a 1/2 inch plastic cutting board of a size to be able to fit on the udnerside of the door. Then, used about 6 stainless sheet metal screws drilled through the current hatch into the cutting board to reinforce the door and called it a day. Perfect - nice and sturdy, not conductive, needs no finishing and is long lived.

=================
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Commercial-...hsFcpM9G2teaBw

p.s.
When you order the boar, order an extra one and you will have the perfect fish cleaning and food prep board. Nothing better for doing any sort of kitchen knife work. This is a nice sized board and stiff enough to take care of your cutting chores.

Take care

Sure,....

toss in a chuck of plastic and screw it down,...And watch your resale value on a Ranger take a hit,.......

No way would I consider buying a Ranger with a sloppy fix like that,...
Old 09-16-2019, 09:02 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Larson View Post
Sure,....

toss in a chuck of plastic and screw it down,...And watch your resale value on a Ranger take a hit,.......

No way would I consider buying a Ranger with a sloppy fix like that,...
You really think resale value of a used boat will take a hit because someone DIY'd a hatch cover?
Old 09-16-2019, 08:32 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained View Post
You really think resale value of a used boat will take a hit because someone DIY'd a hatch cover?

Yes...