Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bobby's corner - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 02-28-2017, 08:17 AM
Guestcarp

Default Bobby's corner

Any word on Bobby's corner? Are they going to sell licenses or bait? just wondering..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2017, 02:31 PM
Wallhanger

Theyvare seling licenses and bait like they always have
Old 03-01-2017, 04:15 AM
Gueatcarp

Thank you for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2019, 01:05 PM
Keeper

Digging up old thread here, but it applies to many on here that stop at Bobby’s in vbay. I always have to stop on way up and way back from where I fish annually. I can’t stand the monetary transaction selection that u have to choose at the pump to even begin pumping fuel. I always think to myself, “if I chose the $100 option but only pump $75 worth of fuel, will my card get charged $100 anyways?” Well up until this yr that scenario has never happened to me. There’s a first time for everything and on my way home this yr it finally happened. I selected the $100 button at the pump, pumped $79 worth of fuel, I have the receipt for proof. I cross check the receipt with my cc statement, interesting, my cc got charged $100, not $79. Called cc company about it, they said I should try and contact merchant and resolve it that way before they will send my complaint to their disputes dept. it’s only $21 Canadian but the principal of the whole situation really pisses me off. Anyone else have this happen to them at Bobby’s or in Ontario for that matter?
Old 09-11-2019, 02:58 PM
Wallhanger

Made gas purchase July 20 and cc was charged .77 % of price (CA currency) showing on pump.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:15 PM
Keeper

Mine was too golden eagle, u are misunderstanding. I pumped $79 of Canadian money according to the pump and my paper receipt. However, on my cc statement $100 Canadian was charged, then the exchange rate applied. I didn’t pump $100 Canadian worth of fuel, only $79 Canadian
Old 09-12-2019, 06:57 AM
Wallhanger

LMBkiller, is that $100 CAD charge in your transaction history or is it on your billing statement? Gas stations will hit your account for $100 or more when you access the pump. After a few days once the transaction finalizes the actual amount is added to the cc account and shows up in the billing statement. I ran into this situation at Costco years ago when I kept receiving notifications from the cc company of transactions over my threshold $50. I called the cc company to figure out what was going on and the rep explained that's how those gas transactions are processed and billed. Sounds like you may be beyond that transaction window period but if not this could a possibility.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:31 AM
Keeper

It happened in July and is on my July cc statement. I have the actual receipt and it’s different than my cc statement BEFORE the exchange rate was applied.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:46 PM
Keeper

Update.....talked to the manager at Bobby’s, she is looking into it and was more than helpful. She said I’m the 2nd person that this happened too this summer. So out of 1000s and 1000s of transactions that occurred over the summer there has only been 2 incidents of this nature reported. Im sure it’s happened a few more times than that but probably not many, just more reassurance of my life long bad luck I guess